Chapter Seventeen- Batty & Jeffery

Batty's POV

"Surprise!" I jumped as the whole band, Jeffery and Penny excluded, leaped out from their hiding spots. 

"Happy one-year!" Penny exclaimed.

"One year of what, exactly?"

"Of having the band, silly." I grinned. How had I forgotten? Penny leaned closer. "How was your night at Jeffery's?" I gawked at her.

"How do you know about that?" She held up her phone and showed me a text message from Jeffery. I got her to crash at my place, thank goodness. 

"Getting you to sleep at Jeffery's was part of the plan."

"So, he was in on all this?" I heard Jeffery's voice behind me.

"Naturally." I whirled around, almost losing my footing. "I think we got her, guys."

"Just maybe." Josh laughed, walking over, and gave me a side hug. "Thanks for setting up the band, Batty."

"What? No credit to me?" Jeffery assumed an injured air.

"You wouldn't have created the band if not for the month-long campaign I set, trying to convince you." I said saucily.

"Fine. All credit goes to Batty." I smiled at him, walking over and kissing his cheek gently.

"Thank you, good sir." Upon turning around, I happened to catch sight of Liam's face. Whoops. The band by now had started joking and not paying any attention to anything really, so I whispered in Jeffer's ear, "I'm going to go talk to Liam really quickly." He nodded, and I smiled, grateful for his understanding. Walking over, I took Liam's elbow and lead him to the kitchen, which was, thank goodness, empty. We stood there awkwardly as I struggled to find the right words. Finally, he spoke, breaking the silence.

"So, you and Jeffery, huh?"

"Yeah."

"How long have you two been together?"

"Only a few days. Not even." He nodded, then walked over to the side of the kitchen I was on, standing next to me. 

"You probably want to talk about, you know."

"Yeah. I saw your face when I kissed him." Liam rubbed his face with his hands.

"I'm sorry. I just- I'd been hoping what Penny and Camilla have been joking about for months was just gossip, not the truth."

"It was, for a while." I took a breath, opening up to him about The Date, and everything that had happened since then. Why I told it to him when Penny and Camilla didn't even know I had no idea, but it felt right. When I had finished, he stood in shocked silence, then chuckled. 

"That is the most drama I've heard since high school." I laughed too, grateful for his understanding as well. Whoever said guys were unsympathetic had never spoken to the guys I knew. He leaned over and gave me a side hug. "Sorry about my addition to it all."

"It's fine; you didn't know. I turned so I was giving him a real hug, since I did care for him, just not in the way he wanted.

Jeffery's POV

I walked into the kitchen to see Batty and Liam hugging, but I understood. That was Batty for you. I backed out to avoid making things awkward and ran straight into Josh.

"Woah!" He said, laughing. "Where's Liam and Batty?"

"In there." I pointed to the kitchen. Josh peeked his head in there and withdrew with his forehead wrinkled. "You okay with that, man?" I nodded. 

"I know there's nothing there. At least, not for Batty."

"Yeah, but it's Liam I'm worried about. I don't want him to get his hopes up."

"They aren't Josh, don't worry." Liam's voice seemed to come out of nowhere. Josh started, and I concealed a laugh. 

"Hey, Liam. I'm sorry 'bout all this."

"No, you're good. I don't blame you for dating her." I raised my eyebrows, and he laughed. "Got ya."

"Knock it off." I punched him gently. Josh shook his head and walked off. Liam followed him, was intercepted by Camilla, and I walked into the kitchen, where Batty was sitting on the counter, lost in thought. "Hey, Battikins."

"Hay is for horses, Jeffery."

"You say it all the time, so be quiet." I leaned forward and kissed her, my hands sliding down from her waist to her hips, then down to her upper leg. She pulled back.

"Jeffery." That one word held so much meaning. "You know how I feel."

"I know." She leaned forward, pressing her forehead to mine. I whispered to her, "But it's so hard, having you as a girlfriend."

"What does that mean?"

"It means that I love you so much that I just want you to be mine, 100%."

"That's sweet, but I'm waiting until there is a ring on my finger, Jeffery." I nodded and pressed my lips to hers again, keeping my longing in check. When the kiss ended, Batty smiled. "That's better."

^^^^^^^^^^

Authors Note

Hi guys, and happy Sunday! How are you all??? I'm really proud right now, because my brother is in a baseball tournament right now, and it is looking like they will make it to the championship, since they are up by 6 runs, and if they win this game, then they play the championship game. Yay!!!

Also, please nobody get mad at me or anything for the ending, I promise this book will stay PG.

I don't have a question for you guys today, sorry! Nothing is coming to mind.

Comment, vote, and tell me what you think

Lots of love,

Sammie K