Chapter TWENTY-ONE - Missing. In Capitals

Morning rose and with it, Jen too. She sat up, lifting her arms high and closing her eyes, yawning as she moved her body rigorously to crack and pop every bone. She sighed in relief, hunching her back and opening her eyes. Blake was staring at her, lips turned up in a grimace as he studied her.

'That was fucking disgusting.' He spat, standing from his seat and pulling his jacket off the back. Jen shook her head, slipping her legs out the cover and making her way to the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and leaned against it, waiting for the click to signal that he'd gone. The sound of a bag rustling was the last thing she heard before the door closed shut. She sighed and opened the door again, standing by Emma's bed as she snored and rolled in her bed.

She stared at the fiery red hair that sprawled across the pillow. She sighed and changed into the shorts and top she'd bought the previous day before heading to the café. She left the hotel, the cool air meeting her as she stretched her legs. She broke into a sprint, making her way through the streets without paying any attention.

Her breath remained fairly steady, her arms moving by her side as her feet slapped the stone. The wind pushed against her, the noise of people passing her by. She emptied her mind, all her focus on her heart and breathing. Jen always ran to clear her head. She'd dreamed of running when she slept, it was the first thing on her mind when she woke.

She made her way back to the hotel, a stitch forming in her side and her lungs gasping for a break in order to breath properly. She slowed her pace into a walk, the doors opening for her as she made her way inside. Her top was a shade darker, flyaway hairs clung to her face and she breathed heavily waiting for the elevator.

'God,' A voice mocked from behind her. She didn't turn, only rolled her eyes at the voice, 'you look gorgeous.' He teased, appearing by her side. His dirty blonde hair was messy from the wind, the smell of smoke and whiskey wafted off his body.

'You don't hang about, do you?' She bit back, pressing the button again as she willed the doors to open. The smell of alcohol overpowered any other scent. She looked up to him, his coffee-coloured eyes glinting as he stared at her. He smirked, breathing out a laugh.

'It's never too early.' The doors opened and Jen threw herself inside, watching as Blake sauntered in. They rose in silence, the doors heaving open once again. He stood to the side, his arm out to let her go first. Jen didn't hesitate as she marched down the hall, her hair swinging on her head.

Emma was sat on the bed, hunched over and tying her shoelaces. She looked up as the door clicked shut. 'Good,' She sat up, watching as the two made their way inside, 'we're going to leave soon.' Emma announced, standing and making her way between them to the desk.

Jen nodded and picked up some clothes from her bed, realising she'd need to find a place to wash clothes or just buy some new ones. She locked the bathroom door behind her, her thoughts sweeping back into the holes in her mind.

She thought about her flat, hoping that it was all in one piece. She prayed that her things were still there, that someone had heard the noise and alerted the landlord. She thought about her life, her university and her job. She'd be fired by now, but also, she wondered if anyone was looking for her. Was she missing to people, or did no one care?

'What's the plan then, boss?' Blake asked, smiling as Emma sat before the desk. She picked up the journal, holding it tight in her hand.

'We'll go today. Check it out.' She kept her answers short, still unsure of a whole, solid plan. She ran a hand through her hair, the smell of shampoo bubbling around her. Blake nodded beside her, taking a seat on the end of the bed.