Chpt 29~dr k

Eddie and Richie were sat in Eddie's bathroom while he fixed up the bruises on Richie's face. They didn't speak much, only once when Richie asked him if his mom was home. She wasn't.

"Ow, fuck," screeched Richie as he Eddie slightly dabbed a wet tissue on his nose where the blood was still pouring out.

"How the fuck did that hurt, stop being such a crybaby," Eddie complained.

"It stinks."

"Right. Wanna talk about something to distract you?"

"Well, we can do something. You're on your knees already, all i have to do is-"

"Shut the fuck up," Eddie harshly spoke as he rolled his eyes and continued to get rid of the blood. "Don't act as if you didn't out me to your boyfriend and say all that shit to me in the bathroom."

Richie stayed silent before replying to Eddie's harsh words. Eddie was hurt, he could tell by the change in voice as he said that last sentence. "Uh, about that.."

"Wha-"

"Connor isn't my boyfriend anymore, i broke it off with him," Richie spoke calmly.

Eddie was screaming inside, he wasn't dating that dick. But he just played it off as if he didn't care. "Cool. I'm glad."

"Why you glad? It got me beaten up."

"Wait- that's why you got beaten up by them?"

"Yep. Then they started calling me a fag and shit, wonderful," Richie chuckled.

Eddie placed the tissue down once all the blood was gone and he pulled out a band-aid from the cabinet. "I'm being honest Rich, you chose them to be your friend. It's on you."

Richie felt hurt by those words but instantly realised it was true what he said. It was on him, it was his fault. He shouldn't of chose them over the losers, he fucked up. Now he wasn't even sure if they would be friend him again.

"Can you hold me?"

Eddie quickly looked up as Richie asked the question. His eyes wondered over his cheeks and noticed a tear that was slowly running down his cheek. He didn't forgive Richie yet, the shit he done still hurt. But he could tell they Richie was going through shit too.

So Eddie stood up and placed the medical stuff down on the side. He pulled Richie into a tight hug, placing his arms around the boys waist. It was tight and nice, as if Eddie felt safe. He felt Richie's head lean onto his shoulder and he could feel Richie's curls dangle onto his skin. It tickled.

"Ahhh," Eddie laughed out as he pulled from the hug.

"Wha- what's so funny?"

"Your curls.. They tickle."

A big smile appeared on Richie's face after that, he began to slightly laugh at how cute the boy was. "Oh. Aha. Thanks Dr K."

"Don't call me that, or any nicknames in that matter. I still don't forgive you.."

"You said you will speak to me once i break up with my rapist boyfriend though."

"We are talking, but i can't just forgive you because you broke it off with him. You did shit that hurt me Richie, i can't just forgive you once you randomly come back," Eddie let out all in a rush. He felt guilty to be saying all that, but it's what he knows he should. Maybe Stan meant the other truth that he had kept secret, but it's fine.

"I understand. I did act shitty."

"Mhm."

The two of them walked into Eddie's room and Richie watched the boy pick up his bad and put some stuff into his fanny pack. "You coming to meet them?"

Richie's eyes widened at the offer but felt bad, he might ruin their day out.. "They hate me.."

"They don't hate you. They're pissed at what you done, the same as me. I'm still pissed."

"Maybe i can make it up to you?"

Eddie rolled his eyes but instantly after realised that Richie was being serious. "How?"

Richie began to laugh awkwardly while thinking, but then stopped and turned to face the boy who seemed pretty intrigued. "I haven't thought of that part yet. Maybe we can decide later at the sleepover?"

"Sleepover? Seriously," Eddie laughed. "you're acting as if none of that shit happened before."

"Please.. I don't wanna be at home tonight and maybe we can talk about it? I just-"

"Fine," Eddie interrupted, seemed annoyed at Richie begging. "Just make sure my mum doesn't see you. You know how much she hates your trash mouth, the same as me. It's annoying."

"You wound me, Eds."

"Stop with the nicknames. Like i said, i still don't forgive your irresponsible behaviour."

Richie just couldn't hold back the laughter from Eddie's polite words. It was cute, like he said to himself earlier. "Sure sure, ill come with you to meet the others again. Promise me they don't hate me after what i done?"

"I promise, just say your sorry and make sure you mean it."

Richie grabbed his jumper before speaking. "Oh i do mean it, fuck i really do. I messed up."