Cap 5: The future of our friendly neighbor....(Remade)

The police had finally arrived, by then I had already disappeared, a part of me did not want to leave Uncle Ben alone, but I had to escape, I could not allow myself to give Aunt May any more worries.

I climbed a nearby building, where I could clearly see the whole scene and rest a bit.

When I took the criminals out, I noticed that several of them were taken away, they were inhumane and since the law is the law, they were processed differently, if I hadn't come out of there I would have suffered the same thing.

-Now I have to explain this... To Aunt May? –

Did I tell them I was completely hurt? I wasn't, my wounds were starting to heal, the cuts were closing, my arms were returning to their normal state, the bruises were fading every second.

I didn't understand why, it took me a couple of days to stop feeling the pain in my wrists, and just now it had been a couple of minutes.

- What about you "power"? -

Once I was fully recovered I returned home as quickly as I could, as soon as the officers identified my uncle they would inform us. When I got home, I went back to Aunt May, she still had concern on her face.

- Peter... where... and Ben? –

-...-

- Peter? –

-Aunt May...forgive me...-

The tears came out of me unintentionally, Aunt May didn't understand what was happening, she ran to scald me, she ran her hand over my head, as she always did when she arrived beaten or something happened to me.

-Now Peter, everything will be fine. –

A few hours later, the police arrived at our door, I was in my room, but I could hear Aunt May's loud sobbing. I was leaning against the door, trying not to leave out of fear, and even if I hadn't noticed, my mask was sticking out from the zipper of the suitcase I had brought.

I was angry, the anger had consumed me, the guilt had clouded over, so I took the suitcase and slammed it against the wall, curiously dropping my phone. I had forgotten it was there. I looked at it, I had a lot of missed calls, I remembered that Uncle Ben had been calling to find me, and...the last thing he left me...was a voice message that would change everything.

*Do you have a new message, do you want to hear it? *

"Peter, you probably won't see this mostly because of what I said, so I'll just say what I had to say... life has never been easy for you, it hurts me to know how you feel, overwhelmed by things that didn't apply to you, you've always had unresolved issues and yet you haven't once declined and this old man who couldn't make it says so, but in the end those problems, those setbacks are what set us on our way, make us who we are, your new gift you owe to the world, I knew something about you some time ago, but that is not what is important now, what is important is what you will do in the future, the direction you will take, you are destined for greatness! You are destined for greatness! Become the hero I believe you already are! I love you Peter, you have great power, but that also means that you have great responsibility. We love you Peter, come home soon. "

The message ended, there was water falling from the roof...no...it was just warm tears running down my face...I wanted to be strong...but without it...I honestly don't know what was right and what wasn't.

A few days later, the funeral was held, and countless people arrived to pay their respects to me and my aunt. His co-workers, his friends from the army...even...

We buried him...MJ stayed a while to keep me some company, I told Aunt May that I would stay a while longer at the cemetery...after all...I was responsible for his death.