S1-C1: Come on! This is your starting line!

Telling the truth can be good sometimes, it usually saves you trouble, especially if you want to keep a lie ephemeral; The problem is... that just now I needed the sweetest lie, that the truth is bitter...

Two weeks passed since Aunt May found out that I was Spiderman, our relationship became a little distant, but it wasn't because she was afraid of me, we talked about it and put things in order.

Aunt May was not prepared for all this unexpected turn of events; her tranquility had turned to anxiety when she learned that her only nephew was endangering her life in an illegal manner and she was not at all reassured by the fact that he would now be trained at an academy for Inhumans.

The two weeks were gone in a flash, my teachers did not understand the sudden change, of course I told a different "truth" so that my discharge could be completed.

"I have had problems with my gift recently, in my papers I am registered as "without peculiarity" because it was not considered a really notorious gift, so my relatives did not consider that it should be put as a gift, but now I had certain problems with it, in a sudden evolution of it many people were involved, for that reason the authorities indicated that I should take adequate measures for its containment and control, and for legal reasons I must go compulsorily to the Academy of Super Persons "A.S.A." and comply with the measures imposed on me, with these reasons, I request my definitive discharge from the institution"

That's what I declared...

Everything went as it should, I dropped out of my current school, quit my part-time job at the newspaper, and of course the contact I had with Harry and the others.

Before retiring I stopped for a moment, looking at the school, and without realizing it I was already thinking about all I could have lived if I hadn't been bitten by that spider.

I would have finished my degree and graduated with honors, I would have looked for a job at OSCORP or STARK INDUSTRIES, even if it sounded a little ambitious, maybe even found someone to be with, I don't know, live my life as someone normal, and above all, Uncle Ben would still be alive. But even with all that, in each and every one of them, I find myself regretting the fact that I never achieved my dream, that I quit without even fighting a little bit, and that makes me realize that no matter how much I imagine that, what I really want is... to be a real hero...

Before I left I ran into Miles, he seemed to be a little upset, I thought he wouldn't forgive me for hiding things from him and leaving him aside, since I came in here he's cared about me, he's carried me on his shoulders without bothering.

He came over, shouting in annoyance, - Because... when you were thinking of telling me! - I was resigned to receiving a strong blow, I closed my eyes and mumbled to apologize, but the words were not complete, when I realized, Miles was surrounding me with his arms. - You could have told me, old man. -he whispered. -We're brothers, remember? -

My selfish acts had ignored this, with his act everything became clear to me, my reason to fight, my reason to win, my reason to be a hero.

Miles was worried, not only that I was dropping out of school, but also that I was suffering from my powers. I froze, although not for long, I apologized, explained something to him quickly, left him more calm...

After that he and I decided to go get something to eat, the burgers we were supposed to share. It was my last meeting with him, a friend I never thought I'd have and who was there for me all along, and I didn't realize it until... well... I was about to let him go.

Although he did not agree, Miles decided to support me, even with the distances we would continue to be in contact, and as expected he made me promise him something else. - When you graduate, you and I will form a team, I will be the creator of those great artifacts and you will be my personal mannequin that displays them here and there. - We both laughed, but I still nodded, I didn't want to lose him, no matter how much I didn't want to lose anyone else. - And besides, if you have a vacation, next time it's on me. - He said as he ate his last chip.