Chapter 25

One click and Cynthia's eyes were open. Cynthia awoke in a swirling storm of colors. Red, yellow, green, blue and purple. She was on the mountain once again, high above the world. Blasts of vivid lights shunned her eyes.

The entire mountain was covered in ice. Cynthia's breathing got more rapid when she looked beyond the mountain. Icicles dangled from the shadowy skeletons of trees below in the forest; the entire forest was frozen. The forest was colorful, yet somewhat darker then before. The rivers and lakes, frozen solid, were covered with red ice so thick, that it showed reflections as clear as a mirror of the heavy, colorful sky.

Gusty wind sent ice shards soaring, leaves dancing, and frozen trees in the forest crashing below. The wind was lashing and more vibrant clouds spread across the sky. Cold wind whipped Cynthia's long red hair wildly around her eyes, ice shards encrusted on her eyelashes.

Cynthia looked beyond the frozen forest with teary eyes at the vivid beams of light. In the near distance were two vivid beams, yellow and blue. Danielle and Juliet were back at Cynthia's house. Cynthia wondered what they were doing there, or what they had found.

Far across the ocean Cynthia could see more vivid beams. Those beams must have been her and Gwendy. They were so far away from New Zealand. Cynthia couldn't move on the mountain, she could only see, hear, and taste the chilling winds.

Cynthia's eyes narrowed. Something about the beams of light from thousands of miles away appeared to be smaller and not as bright as before. A bright red vivid light was right beside a purple one, and close to them was a green beam. Her eyes wondered up into the sky and then she realized something. The orange beam was gone. Even though she wasn't able to physically move her body, she could see around her. She looked everywhere, and no orange beam was found striking up into the sky as it once had before.

All of a sudden the mountain turned a into a bright, piercing green, and she was falling. Her perception of time distorted, everything slowed down until there was nothing, only her and the colorful sky above. She knew she was going to wake up soon. She reached her hand reached out and closed her eyes, kissing the sky, grasping it. Everything was a blur, a blur that swirled out of existence. Suspended in the air, she closed her eyes and surrendered herself into the infinite sky above.

Upon waking, Cynthia burrowed herself into the warm, soft sheets. She rubbed the remainders of sleep from her eyes and gazed at the window beside her bed. All of a sudden she realized she wasn't in her bed. Cynthia's brain stuttered for a moment and her eyes took in more light than she expected, every part of her body went on pause while her thoughts struggled to catch up. She groaned and rubbed her eyes again sitting up.

She looked down at the bed in which she was in, and her eyes wondered over to a boy beside her. It was Corbin. Cynthia screamed and kicked Corbin off of the bed, letting his body tossle over to the side of wall.

"What the hell!" Cynthia yelled. She stood up on the top of the bed, her head hurt. She grabbed the side of her head and groaned, glaring down at Corbin. Corbin opened his eyes and rubbed them. He looked up at Cynthia with a sleep deprived expression.

"Why am I in here with you?!" yelled Cynthia.

"You came in here yourself," groaned Corbin. He rolled over in the sheets on the ground and stood up. "You passed out last night and I let you sleep in-"

"In the bed with you!?" Cynthia questioned angrily. She was pretty sure that the people in the Cruise ship's rooms around her could hear everything. She felt hung over and awful, so she didn't care. "You're disgusting!"

"I swear I didn't do anything!" said Corbin with his hands up, "All I did was tuck you in and then I slept on the other side, don't worry,"

Cynthia jumped off the bed and shoved Corbin out of the way and headed towards the door. She grabbed onto the doorknob and flung the door open. She slammed it and stormed down the hallway back towards her and Gwendy's room.