Chapter 27

"...W-what..." said Cynthia. Her arms dropped to her sides. Tears rolled down Gwendy's cheeks and her head lifted up from Corbin's dead body.

The darkness of the room crept over them. The room wasn't just dark; it was burnt too. There were burn patches everywhere, as if the entire room had once caught on fire. Cynthia could barely make out the figure who was above them. The figure was looking down at Cynthia and Gwendy, with sterling eyes of silver. Cynthia's senses sharpened with adrenaline. The whites of the girl's eyes flashed vivid green.

"Oh my god..." said Cynthia. "You're the..."

"Green host." said the girl. She smiled evilly. "But that shouldn't be an issue for you...and I have a name you know..."

"What happened to the orange host!" Yelled Cynthia. A sudden wave of wrath swept over her body. Her eyes became a vivid red and she widened her stance. Gwendy took a step back.

"My name's Adeline..." said the girl. "And the ornage host? She's dead." she laughed cruelly, "And you'll be too."

All of a sudden, Corbin's dead corpse lifted from the ground. The green host was controlling them; Adeline was controlling them. Her fingers moved as his limbs struggled to dangle themselves. Corbin's face was lifeless and covered in blood. His limbs moved, as if they were being controlled by a puppet master. His body was tangled and making its way over towards Cynthia. Cynthia looked at Corbin wide-eyed. Adeline had necromancy powers; she could control the dead.

Corbin's body strangled its way over toward Cynthia and swung an arm at her. Cynthia dodged back and Corbin's lifeless eyes met hers. Gwendy took another step back and before she could move back any farther she felt someone grab onto her shoulder.

In the darkness Gwendy turned around and saw the vivid green of Adeline's eyes. Adeline had jumped down and grabbed onto Gwendy. She tugged Gwendy away from the wall and pulled her up onto the platform.

Gwendy couldn't do anything to fight back. The only power she had was healing and it wouldn't do her any good for the situation that she was in. She struggled to move in Adeline's grasp, but Adeline was practically choking her while moving Corbin's dead body.

Corbin's body was covered in blood from the bullets Adeline had shot him with. He was dead, the only thing controlling him was Adeline. It was if Adeline had obtained his soul and took over his entire body. Cynthia tried not to get near Corbin, but he kept swinging at her. Cynthia didn't mind the blood, and she never liked Corbin to begin with, but she didn't want to fight someone who was already dead.

Corbin grabbed onto Cynthia's arm and flung her across the room. Cynthia hit against the wall and grabbed onto her leg. She struggled to stand back up as Corbin staggered towards her; Corbin had enormous strength. Adeline was standing above, watching with her vivid green eyes as she controlled the reminiscence of his body.

Cynthia took a step back and fixed her position. She knew how to defeat Corbin, he was already dead after all. She didn't want the fight to last any longer. Cynthia flung her arms up and at once a fountain of red came gushing out of Corbin's wings. His wings broke off and more blood came gushing out of the small cuts that were already in his body.

Gwendy watched, terrified as Cynthia drained the blood out of Corbin's body. Adeline stood watching in disgust, as if she could not hear the screams of pain, as if it were a silent theatre production of no importance. Even in the twilight lit room, the gushing blood glinted red.

Cynthia felt the blood spray over her face and throughout the room. The blood moved over her hands; the thick fluid no warmer or cooler than her own skin. After a few moments the blood from Corbin's body was completely gone. Cynthia forced a large wave of Corbin's blood to be strung into strands and whipped it into the direction where Adeline stood with Gwendy. Adeline's eyes grew wide and she flung back a hurling ball of green fire at Cynthia.