(15) the other side

"Daddy!" A toddler grinned, clapping his hands as he looked up at Zack.

A woman crouched down beside Zack, shaking her head at the little girl. "That's not Daddy, we talked about it - remember? It's Mumma's date."

"Yeah... So anyway, Jack, this is my date" Zack smiled proudly, placing an arm around the woman's neck - her name being Hayley.

"Nice to meet you Jack" Hayley smiled, shaking the male's hand.

"You're one hot Mama" Jack replied quickly and with his eyes wide.

"Thank you?" Hayley questioned more than commented before turning to walk off with Zack.

Jack walked away, trying to get to where he could start his plan - the one inspired by Sedwarth Smithers, his idol.

Bumping into a security guard the school had hired, Jack regained his balance and almost ran off.

"Hurt yourself, kid?" The guard said, raising an eyebrow as he placed his hands on his hips.

"No, sir" Jack shook his head. "Sorry about that."

"Buns of steel, kiddo" The guard nodded. "Buns of steel."

Jack shook his head and continued walking, trying to get to where he could switch the lights off and do some damage.

Why did the school even need security for a prom? That's something no one bothered to think about but Jack knew why - it was because of Sethward.

"People, listen up" The principal stood on stage, trying to get everyone's attention. "In just a few minutes, we will be announcing the prom king and queen!"

Looking out at the seemingly bored group of teenagers, the principal rolled his eyes. He might as well continue.

Opening the envelope, the principle had realised there was no actual couple as no one voted.

"Well, I guess there will be no king and queen of this year" The male shrugged, not caring too much either way.

Turning to Josh, Taylor licked her lips and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'm going to go check my make-up. I'll be right back."

"That's great" Josh nodded, turning so he could call out to her. "See if you can find your face in there, yeah?"

"Don't be a shit to your date!" Josh's mother placed her hands on her hips, shaking her head.

"But c'mon-" Josh tried to get himself out of trouble, just as his mum smiled when a slower song began to play.

"Let's dance" Josh's mum grinned, getting into position with her son. Josh tried to open his mouth to talk to his mum, yet she shook her head. "Shut up and dance with your mother already."

Josh nodded and figured he might as well dance with his mum, it's not like he had anyone else to dance with anyway.

After dancing with his mother for the duration of half of a Fleetwood Mac song, Josh headed onto the stage where he then asked a band member if he could borrow a guitar.

Meanwhile, Jack had went under the stage to muck around with the lighting and whatever else he could get a chance to do.

Jack flipped a switch and realised that Josh was playing 'My Heart Will Go On' on an electric guitar.

Some people laughed and others walked away to find something a little more interesting to do than watch Josh play an out of tune guitar.

Jenna smiled to herself while Alex rolled his eyes. Taylor sighed and folded her arms angrily, feeling embarrassed by Josh's serenading - especially because she knew it wasn't for her.