CHAPTER 5 - The childhood friend

a/N: just finished classroom of the elite and it's really good???? holy moly. Anyways, chapter 5 of this fic (♡'❍'♡)*✧ ✰ 。*

I unwrapped a lollipop, as I got closer to the direction of the tennis courts. The soft sound of balls hitting against a surface got louder with every step I took, sending chills down my spine. I stood on top of the hill, as I looked down, my eyes widened, noticing the enthralling sight in front of me.

On one side of the courts, more than 30 over people were practising their swings in sync, as they shouted in unison. On the other side, matches were being held. I gawked, as I noticed a game occurring at the furthest court. A tennis ball glided on the tennis net, before rolling down. It was enchanting, and like a siren calling me, my feet took a step and another.

I mentally scolded myself, stopping near the steps of the toilet. It had a hidden view of the tennis courts, where I could watch everything that was going on without being close.

'Just a look.' I gripped my fingers until they turned white, memories flashing in front of me, before closing my eyes and my mind.

Marui was walking to the toilet after another win against a non-regular, when he noticed a girl wearing an oversized jacket, with pink hair. She was familiar.

"Lei Ayumi?" He calls out, walking closer to the girl who had her fist closed, just like her eyes. At the sound of his words, her eyes whipped open, as she turned to face him.

"Bunta?" I ask, flabbergasted. I didn't expect to see my childhood friend who I had studied with for the last few years before I left for Tokyo. I felt her heart warm, recalling the happy moment with this red-haired hyper boy.

"Let's have a match Ayumi! It's been long, isn't it? I still remember you crushing me so frequently." He exclaimed as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Aah. About that, Marui- I stopped playing tennis." I whispered quietly, glancing at the floor. I pulled my jacket closer like it was the only protection I could have from the guy in front of me. "WHAT?!" 

24/5/20! happy eid ♥