CHAPTER 16 - regulars

"Ayumi, don't cry if I beat you badly. Smooth or rough?" Kirihara smirked.

"Smooth," I reply, unfazed by his attitude. The racket landed on the rough side, and we walked to our places.

Kirihara gloated as he served a fast overhead serve. 'Hm...it's still lacking.' I thought as I rushed over to return it.

iIrihara's eyes slightly widened, before smacking the ball back. "You're better than what I expected." He shouted.

I lobbed the ball, only to have it smashed right into my court.

"Kirihara 15-0"

I looked at the spot on the floor, before cracking my neck. I guess it's time to be serious.

"Buchou...what if Kirihara hurts Lei-san?" Yagyuu asks, pushing up his glasses.

"No worries about it, I'm confident in her tennis style. I hope that's not the only point Kirihara is gonna score." Marui confidently said. The other regulars turned around, asking Marui what he meant. Even Yukimura and Sanada looked at him, wanting him to go on.

"Just watch. She's not that bad." Marui continued, smirking as he watched Ayumi crack her neck.

"15...all? I couldn't tell." The referee questioned, looking at the court, slightly confused. The regulars turn their heads, focusing on the game.

"Yeah, it was in," Kirihara muttered- looking at his racket. He was surprised at the speed of the ball Ayumi served. It might be even faster than Yagyuu-senpai's laser beam.

"Should we continue?" I asked, pointing my racket at Kirihara. He nodded his head before serving again. We continued for a rally- before I used my Thousand blades shot, which Kirihara was unable to receive.

"Lei Ayumi 1-0" The referee announced.

"She's good." Niou whistled, as Sanada nodded his head, Yanagi was furiously jotting down in his notebook, and Yukimura smiled.

"That shot, thousand blades- it's faster than Yagyuu's laser beam. The flexibility of her arm allows her to hit that shot. I think we need to improve Kirihara's eye training." Yanagi said, and Yagyuu pushed up his glasses.

"Lei Ayumi- 1 game." The referee announced, looking slightly terrified at the black marks on Kirihara's floor. Kirihara put up a close fight, however, I was better than him.

'Guess it's my turn to serve huh. Whirlwind Serve.' I thought, smacking the ball. The ball landed on the ground, spinning, as the regular's eyes widened.

"Twist Serve? I know how to return it!" Kirihara shouted, moving backwards, when the ball flew to his left, smacking his cheek.

"15-0"

Kirihara's eyes turned red, and his hair was white. He started shrieking and shouting about destroying me. 'So this is the devil mode.' I thought, as his speed dramatically increased, however with the unpredictability of my serve, Kirihara was unable to guess which direction the ball would be flying to after spinning on the ground, earning me a service ace.

"Lei Ayumi 2-0"

I was at my fourth game, bruised and panting. 'The consequence of not training for so long is taking place now huh...' I gasped, knowing that my stamina was depleting. The current score is 4-3, with me winning 1 game over Kirihara.

He smashed a ball onto my arm, making me drop my racket. I wheezed, wincing at the new bruise, as I wiped my sweat. I had to finish this quickly, and there was only one way I could do it.

"Kirihara Akaya 4-4!"

I had to use my sealing tennis. 

a/N: my report is due this Sunday but I'm writing a fanfiction LOLOL ded

4/6/20