CHAPTER 25 - FUJI

I followed the GPS to the street tennis courts. The courts were filled with different small cliques with the exception of the brown-haired boy who was playing against himself. The ball that smacked into the wall was usually constant, and it seldom deviated from its mark. Noting that the boy's skills were not that bad, I decided to approach him.

I tugged my tennis bag closer to myself, making my way to the boy. "Up for a game?" I asked as I stood beside him. He eyed me as he grabbed the ball with his hands.

"Sure, I'm Fuji Yuuta." The boy introduced as we made our way to one of the empty courts.

"Fuji Yuuta? I'm Lei Ayumi." I replied as I settled my stuff on the floor, doing some light stretches.

Thinking that perhaps Lei Ayumi would be like one of the many others who know his brothers, Yuuta turned a little hostile. "Yeah...you probably heard of my brother before. He's Fuji Syusuke." He gruffly replied, as his face turned moody.

"Oh. Who's that? Which side too?" I replied as I walked in the courts.

"I'm surprised. Everyone knows of my tensai brother, and I pick rough!" Yuuta exclaimed, feeling surprised as this weird girl. Everyone always knew him as the tensai's brother, and he never made a name for himself- thus he took a double-take when he realised what an abnormality Lei Ayumi was.

The racket landed on rough, thus Yuuta took the ball. A resounding smack landed as he served. He expected an easy win when he saw the racket that was held on the girl's left hand.

However, considering the fact that he wanted to be her friend, he decided to go easy on Lei Ayumi so she wouldn't lose too badly. Half-way through the game, he realised that she was playing around with him as well.

"Hey, are you going to use your true strength or else I think you would lose in the next 10 minutes." I teased as I returned the ball. I noticed that he wasn't using his real strength when he was playing with me, immediately linking it to the fact that he just wasn't using strength because I'm a female. This made my face blacken as I smashed the ball on the opposite side of his court.

"I'm going to be serious now! You better not regret it!" Yuuta shouted as he decided to unleash his true potential. However, at that point of time, he was already losing by a landslide. He recalled about the new shot that Mizuki-senpai taught him and realised that it was the only way to win against me.

"Twist spin shot!" Yuuta shouted as the ball slammed into my court. My eyes narrowed at the way the shot was used, momentarily forgetting to receive the ball.

Yuuta didn't realise that the reason why I stopped attacking was that I noticed how dangerous the shot was and presumed that I was unable to receive it.

"Twist spin shot!" Yuuta shouted again as he slammed the ball down.

I rushed to receive it, as I nullified the power behind the shot and as I flicked my wrist, I aimed to do a drop-shot.

"It's my win," I remarked as I walked to the net area. He sheepishly rubbed his head as he offered a handshake to me.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have hidden my strength-but honestly even if I went all out, I wouldn't be able to defeat you right?" Yuuta questioned. He was secretly glad that nobody here knew him or he wouldn't have been able to keep his reputation as the southpaw killer.

"Hmm." I gave a non-commitment answer because I just felt that there was no point in answering.

"You shouldn't use the twist spin shot though. Don't you feel a strain on your shoulders every time you use the shot?" I chided, making 'tsk' sounds as I shook my head.

"My senior taught me the shot...he said it was normal for my shoulders to hurt when I use it. What would be the consequences of using it in the long term?" Yuuta gulped as we made our way to the bleachers surrounding the courts.

"You might have to forsake your tennis career, I guess. Don't use it." I shrugged my shoulders as Yuuta gasped. He didn't expect that for the sake of winning against Seigaku, Mizuki would use such an underhand method.

"I really didn't know it, thanks for informing me. Let me introduce again, I'm Fuji Yuuta, a tennis regular from St. Rudolph. I hope we can be friends!" Yuuta introduced himself as he offered a blind smile.

"Lei Ayumi. Glad to be friends." I replied offering a half-smile.

"What school are you from? Considering your skills, please tell me you joined a male tennis club! The female clubs are too...weak." Yuuta remarked as he shook his head.

"Heh. If you win me, I'll tell you what school I'm from." I smirked, as I typed a new contact into my phone, casually passing him my phone.

"Anyways, since we're friends, you should support me when I play against Seigaku! It's happening next week." Yuuta proclaimed as he typed his details in and gave himself a miss call.

"If I'm free, I'll go," I responded, as we walked to the entrance. I bid farewell to Yuuta as I walked towards the train station. 

a/N: hi guys it's this festival in my country again called dragonboat festival???? we eat wrapped pandan dumplings 

have a good day!   25/6/20