CHAPTER 17 - Decisions!

I had to use my sealing tennis.

I wanted to reserve it for my game tomorrow, but in order to have a clean victory against Kirihara- I had to use it. I took a sip of my strawberry fanta, sighing at the taste of the sugary strawberry drink.

"Let's get serious, Akaya." I whispered, throwing the ball in the air, before giving a satisfying smack. After a few rallies, Kirihara reverted back to his "non" devil mode- the regulars were shocked, spewing questions to Marui. Yanagi was writing in his book at an impossible rate.

'It's back.' Marui smirked, seeing Kirihara revert back to his normal state.

With Kirihara not in devil mode, it was easy to defeat him. He was slower and the psychological shock of awakening him in the middle of the game was too much for him to bear.

"Lei Ayumi wins, 6-4"

I walked up to Kirihara, offering him a handshake as he looked at me guiltily.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you, but my tennis style...I'm just a monster." He mumbled angrily, shaking my hands.

"It's okay, I understand, it's your playstyle. It's not good but it's changeable, and you're not a monster alright!" I reassured him, walking to the regulars together. They applauded while teasing Kirihara.

"Seaweed head! Guess you got trashed by a girl huh! Good job Ayumi!" Marui cheekily said, as Kirihara 'tch'ed him.

"1 more match against a regular for you to join the team, Ayumi," Yukimura said.

"Ayumi-san, follow me to the medical room, I'll help you bandage your arms and legs," Yagyuu said, pushing his glasses up. I nodded my head, and took my stuff, bowing to the regulars.

They continued their training as Yagyuu-senpai bandaged my wounds quietly. He noticed the scar on my arm, although he did not ask anything.

"Ayumi-san. You didn't go all out against Kirihara, did you?"

I turned to him, pausing before I chuckled.

"Who knows? I was curious about his devil mode though."

He tightens the bandage, before keeping the first-aid kit.

"I hope tomorrow, you will show the full skills that you used during the last game with Kirihara. See you tomorrow, Ayumi-san" He requested, as he stepped out of the room, bowing to me.

I took my items, and left the room- only to notice a blue-haired captain standing near the door.

"Shall we go back together? Marui wanted to come along but I assured him that you'd be fine." Yukimura said.

I nodded my head, still in a daze to what just happened. We walked in comfortable silence before I fell to the ground- exhausted by the game, and my legs were jelly.

"Ah!" I yelped as Yukimura piggybacked me wordlessly.

"Thank you, Yukimura-senpai." I drifted off, falling to slumber.

He smiles softly, recognising the soft snores of the girl behind him.

She did well today.

a/N: a lil candy for yall hehe <3

5/6/20