New me, new beginning and all that jazz

'The names Sydney, quite fitting considering i've, ah, just moved to Australia. I've moved here from England because my dad got offered a better job here and he has a really odd interest in adventures and he classes this as one of them. My mum works at Sony and can move around quite easily,' I look around the classroom taking everything, and everyone in. The girls wearing either black skirts, or black trousers with white shirts, burgundy ties and black jumpers, and lads are wearing black trousers, because obviously they wouldn't be wearing skirts would they? Can you spell awkward? They also have the same tie but their wearing black blazers.  Australia. New me, new beginning and all that jazz. 'I have a weird taste in music and it all ranges from pop to some pretty heavy metal but... yeah,' I look at the teacher and she nods signalling me to sit down, thank the heavens. I take the last seat in the back next to two girls. One with long blonde hair, and eyes the colour of the sea. The other with longer, darker blonde hair with red streaks, and amber eyes, cool. I have long, really long, black hair, and crystal blue eyes.  As I sit down they both look at me expectantly. 'Er hey?' Could it get anymore awkward?

'I'm Carly,' Blue eyes says. I nod and turn to red streaks. 

'I'm Alannah, Does my hair look OK?' She fidgeted around with her hair and smiled as if waiting for my approval.

'Yes your hair looks fine,' I say. 

'Don't mind her she has a really weird tendency to check her hair every 5 minutes. Im not even joking, or elaborating.' I furrow my eyebrows together and turn to Alannah she's talking to a guy with a lip piercing. 

'Who's that?' I ask Carly.

'Oh that's Luke. Alannah has a massive crush on him. I'm dating her archenemy, well in a jokey kind of way, Luke's twin brother Jai. Alannah has a weird dislike towards Jai even though they look alike. I find it fascinating and you will too no doubt. By the way, cool accent,' I laugh quietly.

'The feelings mutual, your accents pretty neat too. What do you have next lesson?' I wrinkle my nose while checking my schedule. I have Spanish, Science, PE, and then Music. Bad day for me.

'Hey babe,' I turn to see a guy who looks really similar to Luke kiss Carly. Lovely. 

'Hey Jai, this is Sydney she's moved here from England,' He nods as if approving something. Hm.

'Do you want to die tonight Sydney?' He places his hand out in front of me and I shake his hand carefully.

'I'm ok. How did you know I was named after the girl from Scream?' He shrugs his shoulders.

'Lucky guess?' I nod my head just as the bell goes. 'Do any of you know where Room 169 is?' Alannah burst out laughing. 'What did I say?' 

'Pervert,' Says Luke. Alannah blushes crimson red and nods at me.

'I have Spanish next too, we'll go together,' I nod and follow Alannah out of the class.  As we walk past I see Jai and Luke high five a guy nearing the height of 6 foot. I'm not small but i'm not tall either. I'm about 5''5. Yeah. Alannah pulls me into a class and drags me to the back corner.  'We will be sitting here,' She's a small demanding thing. I'm going to name her Chuppy being the English twit I am. As the class files in I notice Alannah is talking fluent Spanish to a girl in front of us.

'Woah how can you do that?' She looks at me and laughs. 

'I'm not exactly Australian. I'm Spanish, I just take Spanish to help even out my sleeping pattern a bit more. Trust me it helps,' Ok my Chuppy is a very tired one.

'Class!' A little bald guy with hardly any hair left hobbles into class and somehow places about 30 books onto his desk. 'Let's start with a quiz!' Ain't I smart for joining a school halfway through my last year? Alannah groans beside me. 

'You groan pretty loud don't you?' She looks at me and grins. 'That's what she said,' Absolute pervert.