Chapter 7

"I just knew your name yesterday." Chan chuckled bitterly. His hands lazily wrapped around the younger's waist and his chin rested on the younger's shoulder.

"I'm sorry for not asking you sooner." Jisung responded while still stroking the older's back.

"Don't be, it's totally my fault for being too coward to even approach and talk to you." Chan admitted.

At that moment, he regretted his decision for not considering Changbin's words.

The older then took a step back. His eyes stared directly at the figure that stood in front of him while his hands found the younger's and held them gently.

"I like you since the first time I met you." Chan confessed. "You don't have to answer it, I know for sure we still haven't known each other well. But, can you give me a chance? As a friend, at least."

"Of course." Jisung responded. Eyes focused on his shoes since he was too shy to look at the older.

"Guess this is the right moment for me to ask for your phone number?"

Jisung giggled, followed by a shy nod.

Bringing the younger's hand up, Chan playfully left some light kisses on the back of his hand, which effectively made Jisung became a blushing mess.

"I wish I were brave enough to approach you."

Chan's statement made Jisung looked up. He was curious with the reason why the older never approached him this whole time too after all.

"What hold you back?"

"Two weeks after I met you... I got that news and I thought it'd be unfair if I approached you then I left you."

"Wow you're very considerate, but dumb." Jisung chuckled. "I almost thought that you never liked me since the first place, an exact opposite of what the pretty waitress has claimed."

"Pretty waitress?" Chan asked with a slight annoyed tone, unknowingly.

"The freckles one."

"Don't even think about it, he's already got a boyfriend." Chan announced, receiving an amused laugh from the younger.

"I'm just stating fact, doesn't mean I want to date him."

"I... Um I'm sorry."

Jisung only giggled at that. Releasing his hands from the older's grip, the younger then walked toward the coffee machine.

"Is this coffee machine ready to use?" Jisung asked.

"It is. You want some Americano?"

"Yes, please~"

Grinning, Chan responded with, "if you give me a kiss on the cheek, I'll do it."