EP:45

Chapter 45

Angie's Perspective

"Beautiful girl you were made to do hard things so believe in yourself."-Unknown

•••••

EMOTIONALLY, my relationship with Jeremy was improving because of our weekly therapy sessions. With each session, we were growing and understanding each other much more in ways that had been overlooked. I was coming to terms with Jeremy's sensitive side and how he wore his heart on his sleeve. My communication skills were also getting better as time went on. We had now been attending therapy for over a month and nothing could ruin the good atmosphere surrounding our relationship at the moment. As we sat down in a session next to each other our therapist glanced over some notes while adjusting her reading glasses.

"It appears that you both have about two more sessions left with me, that is if you wish to stop coming." She put down the book facing forward.

"I think this is good for us, but it's up to Angie," Jeremy stated.

"It is good for us, but we do need to learn to be more independent when we face challenges within our marriage baby." I grabbed his hand for reassurance.

"I agree with you, Angie. Tell you what after our last two weekly sessions how about we start meeting up once a month just to keep things on track."

"That's a great idea."

"Yeah, it is." I agreed.

"It's wonderful that things are going great for you two as of right now, but I'm afraid I believe you both are still hiding things from each other." The therapist took off her glasses looking up at us with a concerned expression.

"Nope Jeremy and I don't keep secrets from each other." I laughed it off as Jeremy said nothing.

That was new.

"Right well I only hope so, anyway our next meeting will be Tuesday. Remember to keep communicating and doing things together as a couple not as a married couple or parents, but a couple."

"Thank you, we really do appreciate your help a lot."

"No problem see you both next week."

When we arrived home Daisy was in the living room feeding Jayla her second bottle of the day. Jamal bounced up and down in the living room playing an intense game of Just Dance, that boy had all the energy in the world. We took off our shoes leaving them by the door walking further into the house.

"Hey, you guys are back already?" Daisy stood up walking over to us as Jayla sat up on her chest casually sucking on a bottle.

"Yes, we are how was my baby today?" I asked gently taking Jayla out of her arms.

"She was great actually barely cried."

"That's awesome."

"Well I'll see you both later on I'm meeting some friends at the library, bye Jamal," Daisy said picking up her bookbag from by the front door.

"Alright sweetheart." Jeremy and I waved goodbye.

"Bye Daisy"