reminisce

prom queen of 1986. i stared at the box, opening it slowly.

tears began to fill my eyes and one managed to roll down my cheek. the dress was beautiful, it was teal, puffy like a cupcake.

if only mom hadn't died then i wouldn't be sorrowing over everything now.

here's my real story.

my mom was prom queen of 1986 - westfield high. she died when i was in 8th grade, i started doing all of those explicit things. drinking, coming home at 4 am in the morning, talking back to my dad, and hooking up with strangers. stupid, yes but it was only the way to escape the realities of life even for a little while even though i know that i have to face them in the morning. i do live with my dad and we're fine now, disregarding that 40% of the time, he's out of the state or the country but i appreciate it that he leaves 60% staying at home in the house.

i tried committing suicide - multiple times, even. first try was cutting, second was alcohol and pills, third was overdosing on them, and the latest one was alcohol and pills again.

i now suffer from anorexia from all the pressure. being the perfect child my dad always wanted, being the role leader of my friends, and the idea of being perfect was still in the back of my mind. collin was the only one whom i trusted. believe it or not, i don't even trust aspen or mellie.

i closed the box and headed to my room.

--

drama is gonna flood the next few chapters get ready lmao