collin

"collin." i call him as his gaze is on me.

"beautiful as always, riane." he acknowledged. collin was my childhood best friend. he knew literally everything about me. as to when i lost my virginity, my first heartbreak, my past and so on and so forth. he was also the son of my mom's best friend, linda.

"i needed to vent my feelings. i'm sorry i just can't do it anymore." i softly say, even embarrased to say it.

"it all started when aspen texted parker through my phone."

collin's jaw clenched.

"that son of a bitch who broke aspen's heart." he comments in a snarky manner and rolls his eyes.

"no, she broke it off with him."

"still broke her heart in a way, riane." he firmly said.

"anyways, we somehow have gotten close through texts and last week i tried to do it again and declan - yes that son of a bitch who broke my heart, barged into my house and brought me to the hospital." i stiffened when i said it because he knew it was a serious topic for me. through the years, i've tried numerous times on doing it. never works. either something goes wrong or someone brings me to the hospital.

"shit!" he exclaimed, bringing my jacket to see my forearm. there were no new marks except for scars from last year.

"none. still intending on being clean." i smile.

"damn. it's the alcohol isn't it?"

i chuckle and laugh. talking to him is like a weight being lifted off my chest.

"then what's the real problem here?" he implored, his eyebrows cocking up.

"uh, i kind of-" i stop as i feel the vibration of my phone on my lap.

i stiffen when i see the message. shit shit shit shit shit. that's parker!

--

holy shhhhhhhhhhhoot IM #142 IN SHORT STORY IMMMMMMMM omgggggggggg