before the trial

this was the day i wasn't looking forward to. the trial. aunt linda got a really good lawyer, but that dosen't mean that we'll win.

since aunt rosaline suggested on wearing something modest and formal, i wore a black pencil skirt and a matching puffed sleeve blouse in the same colour. i was more than glad to have parker by my side at the court. when he said yes, i was so happy to have someone there.

"nervous?" collin chided, fixing his tie. i nodded. honestly, i was more than nervous. i was terrified. i could imagine myself getting beat up in college just because i'm an orphan. my dad possibly going to be in jail. my mom is dead. the words kept replaying over and over in my, and the thought itself made me terrified. in shorter terms, i was scared. shitless to death.

a few deep breaths and a few minutes later, parker comes inside and has a grim expression on his face. what if he had better things to do? and i completely ruined his break because of this? no. this is wrong. i shouldn't have invited parker. i'm so selfish. i thought of myself first instead of thinking if he had plans. i sucked in a breath and begged with a pleading voice saying, "you shouldn't have come. there's still time to leave." and by the time i finished that, i was crying.

for some whatever fucked up reason, i decided to cry right now. embarrassing. he soothed my back and looked at me. my make up was probably smudged a bit because of my tears but i kept my best not to leash out on him again. he caressed my cheek and lifted my head up so we were eye to eye. "lily. i wanted to come. it's alright." he said. maybe i was getting paranoid from all of this.

i was going to burst out crying when he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. i backed away a little bit, while my cheeks were getting flushed. this was a roller coaster of emotions. "we can do this, okay? keep your head up. for me. for your dad. for collin. for your friends." he chuckled to make the situation a little bit better.

and i did. and i promised myself that i was going to complete this obligation.

--

hola hello im on 13% and i dont have my charger here well isnt that nice

the trial will be on friday yassss

also!!!! you got a bit of their first kiss kinda here hahahaha but i made it cute hehe