isn't school

"wanna ditch?"

"but-"

"this isn't school, idiot." he said as he ruffed my hair, causing it to stick out in different parts.

"hey!" i whined. ditching would be nice, though. won't laine mind? ah, fuck it. i could just text here where i'm at. 

parker gives me a strange look which says 'are-you-going-or-not?'. "um, sure" i mumble. i wasn't going to go anywhere else, anyways. 

once i've texted laine, she clearly approved from her 'definitely girl! don't make me an exception from you and parker fucking!' okay. that was a little explicit. i sent her back with a 'there's no way in hell that's happening. bye x.' 

he grabbed a hold of my hand and dragged me outside the house. i flushed since he was so close. merely centimeters away from my face. good thing that he was too caught up on leading me to wherever we'll go.

the streets were washed up and the music was becoming muffled, coming from inside. it was starless and the sky was pitch black. parker was carrying a bottle of vodka with him as he climbed over the top of someone's car. it was sure not his because it wasn't maroon and beat up. i made a sour face towards his way. the roof of the car was now wet because of the drizzle. it was raining and he decided to go there. 

he must have noticed the look on my face as he said, "what?" and then shrugged. 

"i'm not going there." i say flatly. 

"yes you are." 

"no." 

"yes."

"no."

"yes."

"this is pointless." 

"yes." 

"fine!" i snapped, a little bit too harshly and stomped my way towards the top of the roof. he chuckled and took a swig of the alcohol. i shrugged and took a sip after he did. the alcohol slid down my throat and burned a bit on the process. 

i looked over at parker as he slid his phone out and played chasing cars. i used to love that song so much. i still do, i guess. just the memories that go along with it. 

"mom! stop singing that song!" i giggle. we were out at the vinyl store to get her some so she could play more songs at home instead of listening to the same old U2 cd. she found out about it a week ago and she couldn't stop singing it. let me tell you, it was very contagious. 

"don't act like you don't like it." she acknoledged, looking back at me. 

"you're right." i say and raise both of my hands to mock surrender. 

she suddenly hugged me and tears sprung into her eyes. "mom..what's wrong?" i say, my voice starting to thicken with worry. 

she wiped her tears off and mumbled, "you're getting old, lily. soon enough, you'll be going to college and be having kids." she chuckled. the aura switched from a awful scene to a gleeful one. 

i walked past the O's and took out a paramore album. Riot! was scattered all over the cover. it looked nice. "you know, mom. i'm only 14. barely starting high school yet! cheer up!" i smiled and handed her the vinyl. 

her face lit up and she moved towards the counter. "i know, dear. just know that i love you, okay?" she said clearly and hugged me. a soft kiss was placed on my forehead and i looked up. 

"i love you too." 

"lily? lillllllllly?" parker snapped his fingers in front of my face and i suddenly flinched. 

"why'd you do that?" i whined and went back to my position. 

he laughed quietly and stared at the empty road. it was still raining and my hair was getting sticky. "you know, i was lying when you told me off." he spoke. 

what? 

"i love you, lily. i hope you know that. believe whatever you want to believe." he sucked in a deep breath and looked at me. 

"are you drunk?" i poked his sides. 

he shook his head. "then why do you keep on hanging out with me?" i asked. 

he gave me a puzzled look. "what?" 

"the more you get close to me, the harder it gets to say goodbye" 

"who said we're saying goodbye?" and then he shot me a crooked grin.

--

hello!!!!!! my schedule back to school this week is like :/// 

we have a football game on tuesday, upcoming that is a volleyball game on wednesday, plus we have gym on tuesday and cheerleading on tuesday too ayayay and we're having training again for the college fair 

okay, so the fair is like a school fair and we (the cheerleaders) are supposed to perform and handle a marriage booth and i am so pissed like no let me have my time to enjoy the fair instead of handling a shift at that like hmmm no 

2nd to the last chapter is going to be tomorrow! (thats technically the last one but the last last one is a teaser for the 2nd book) ;)