Chapter 2 - Karma's Back

"Long time no see, Nagisa-kun. So... how do you find it here at this junior high school?" Asano asked, propping his head up with his two hands resting underneath his chin. "It's great. But I don't know about the class." Nagisa laughed, slightly scratching the back of his head embarrassingly.

"Hmm? You're in charge of Class 3-5, the world record class of my school," Asano smiled.

"I'm still surprised to hear that you're the Principal of this high school, especially since how your father was dealing with the same job. I hope it goes successfully for you." Nagisa said.

"Thank you."

The two old... not buddies, but rather two-people-who-recognized-each-other was sitting in the office room, with nobody else in sight. A wooden desk was placed between the two 'old buddies', with a pile of boring textbooks sitting on top. "So... has Class 3-5 been challenging for you?" Asano questioned.

Nagisa had a nervous laugh.

"I wouldn't say it's challenging. It's just... I've been trying to use a handful methods to keep them down."

Asano had a sorrowful look on his face. "Asano-san? Are you okay?" Nagisa leaned in closer to the Principal. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just feel like Class 3-5 is a group of twenty students who had been treated miserably their entire life. They've been casted away just like the 'End Class', and because of that, they won't let anyone else attach to them. It's so difficult to wrap your head around this, but they've already chased out five teachers out of the school within two weeks. Even worse, I don't think I know how to deal with it."

"Hey, Asano-san. Remember here, the entire school is your duty. But that class is my duty. I'm sure I've got it handled. Just like how Koro Sensei dealt with the 'End Class'," Nagisa grinned.

Asano nodded agreeably. "Of course. I'll leave it in your hands."

*****

Nagisa sighed as he sank deep in his black leather couch back in his crammed apartment. The place wasn't exactly small, but because of all his belongings, the space eventually were cut down more and more each passing day. Nagisa stuffed his face in a cushion, slowly exhaling raspy breathing.

"Ugh... who knew my job was harder than expected," he groaned after raising his head.

The TV... he thought to himself as he quickly pulled himself up from the furniture, grabbing the somehow nearby remote control and turned on the television. The first show appeared on the screen seemed to have captured his attention, because he could only continuously stare at it. His phone buzzed a few times, but his eyes were captivated by the show, he couldn't help but watch.

"Relationships between lovers won't always be a smooth sail." A woman with a gorgeous dress of velvet red sash had picked up a microphone, speaking smoothly in it. "After all, there may be hardships, cheats, lies, and break ups. Not to mention divorces. I'm sure every kid who lived through their parent's traumatic experiences have something to cry about. To be honest, I had a fair share of depression because of my own parents. They weren't the nicest of the bunch, and they weren't so nice to each other either. After their arguments and divorce occurred, I had detached myself from the rest of the world. But I realized that independence wasn't the way to go, and here I am sharing my story."

Claps and tears were shed from amongst the crowd within the screen. "Thank you so much for sharing your story! I'm sure we'll all learn something from your hardships!" The host had snatched a handkerchief from a table and began to sob into it.