Chapter 21 - Shallow Love

Hearing that, Nagisa sighed in relief as he swung open the door eagerly. "Oh, why are you looking for me so late in the night?" He asked, stepping aside for Karma to come inside his apartment room.

Karma did just that, closing the door behind him. The two teachers—red and blue, stood side by side. Nagisa's look appeared to question Karma, while the red haired man had his red bangs covering his expression. The blue haired teacher still had no idea what was stirring in the other individual's mind. "...Karma?"

The said-so man didn't respond. Instead, he stared at Nagisa with a deadlocking look.

Suddenly, Nagisa felt like something was about to happen. Instinctively, he stepped backwards, but he was too late. An arm from Karma had slammed Nagisa against the surface of the door, their faces only inches apart. It was then Nagisa was able to clearly see Karma's face.

The red haired man's face that used to be so cunning and sadistic was rid of the old emotions—replaced with a lovesick and possessive expression. "Why did you think I visited so late?" His voice was husky and dry.

Nagisa shuddered under the taller man's touch. His eyes shifted away from Karma's gaze, biting his own lips.

"I'm... not sure."

     Karma sighed, "is my love for you expressed... too shallow?"

     Nagisa seemed to freeze on the spot. Love... expression... shallow...?

     A smile plastered over Karma's seductive lips, as he bent over to rub his own cheek affectionately against Nagisa's. "Nagisa... I've chased you for so long... I've even changed jobs and careers for you. I had to force Asano to break- in order to follow you. How come you still haven't noticed? Nagisa... you sure are dense."

     Karma expected the small blue haired to reject him, but what happened next was completely out of expectations.

     Nagisa tiptoed upwards and brushed his lips around Karma's hair, kissing it gently. "I sure am dense." He smiled afterwards.

"You have to pay me back." Karma frowned. "For being so dense."

Nagisa nodded. "I will."

Karma pressed, "you'll have to go on a date with me."

Nagisa's cheeks flushed as he bit his lips, "Okay..."

Karma smiled, "good boy."

     Then, the trance that Karma was in had begun fading away into thin air. Slowly, Karma's two ears began burning into a colour of red as his mesmerized eyes peeled away shyly from Nagisa's face. His cheeks burned. "Sorry if I was... too straightforward."

Nagisa smiled, "it's fine. It's not like you to apologize."

Karma hid away the shy gleam in his eyes, "I suppose so."

"Hey, Karma..." Nagisa poked the red haired man on the shoulder for him to look at himself, "did you... really joked about marriage on that day?"

Karma froze. All of a sudden, his mischief had faded away and sullen heaviness had slammed against his heart. He couldn't really explain, but he felt all his words taken out from his mouth. "It's fine if you don't answer right away." Nagisa smiled, his head sinking downwards to stare at the ground, "I'll just know when we go on that date of ours. And then... I'll try to find a way to respond to your feelings."

Karma almost couldn't resist the temptation of his eyes watering. After some considerable amounts of time, he concealed how moved he was by Nagisa's reaction and smiled, "thank you."

"Where do you want to go on the...date?" Nagisa shyly asked. He still couldn't get used to saying the word 'date' around Karma. The red haired man's smile had widened as he responded, "the beach. I'll get you to wear a bikini and take a picture to commemorate the moment."

Nagisa, "..."

"I was just kidding!" Karma joked, "the destination'll be a surprise. I'll come over to pick you up tomorrow afternoon at your apartment."

"Fine by me." Nagisa sighed.

Karma nodded, then released Nagisa from the pinned down position.

Nagisa bit his lips before saying, "I'll see you tomorrow then."

*****

Karma loosened his neck collar as an informal tie laced around his clothing laid lifelessly against his abdomen. He was waiting inside a car for Nagisa, the blueberry teacher, who told him to wait there. Karma sighed. Sometimes, he wondered how he got the courage to ask his best friend out. And sometimes, he wondered how he had fallen in love with him as well. "Karma," a small voice piped outside the car.

     Karma's doze off trance had dissipated as he blinked, returning back to the present. He smiled at Nagisa who was outside the car. "Come on inside."

     When Nagisa gently opened and shut the door after slipping inside, Karma was able to get an eyeful of him.

     Nagisa was wearing a nicely-ironed white t-shirt, with a pair of light blue overalls layering on top. His light blue overall jeans reached until his ankle, revealing the tender jade-like skin to Karma's thirsty eyes. A pair of black and white sneakers were worn, with small round glasses perched on top of Nagisa's nose. He smiled, "I got glasses."

     "How come?" Karma inquired.

     Nagisa puffed up his cheeks like a pufferfish before replying shyly, "it's so I can see you better."

     Hearing that, Karma had instantly stiffened. For some odd reason, he felt an inexplicable sensation. He wanted to strip Nagisa of his clothes immediately and carry out insane deeds. Karma coughed, holding a fist to cover his mouth, "that's good. I wouldn't want you to lose sight of me."

     Nagisa blushed, "do... do they look good on me?"

     Karma's eyes widened. For some reason, Nagisa sounded like a girl trying to get a guy to check her out. Karma chuckled, "your overalls? Yeah, they can showcase your nonexistent curves and allow me to capture a good view of what's behind-"

     "I meant the glasses." Nagisa's eyebrows furrowed.

     Karma frowned before sinking in his seat, "Sorry."

     Nagisa broke out into a hearty smile, "Haha! I'm really not used to it when Karma apologizes. It's better if you don't."

Karma asked, "why?"

Nagisa tilted his head, with his bangs shuffling along the rim of his glasses quite beauteously, "because there's nothing you should be sorry about. This date... I love it. And your considerations... I think I've found a better reason to love you already."