Chapter 18 - Teacher's Hangout

"Today is the day of the midterm exams. Is everybody ready?" Nagisa clapped his hands together with a beaming face. His students had all squirmed nervously in their seats, as if the world was just placed on their shoulders. "Calm down. Your exams are just the celebrations of your studying and learning! It's just to show what you have learned so far." Nagisa smiled.

"So try your best and show off your knowledge."

     Cheers and applauses of praise had bursted in the room, with smiles plastered over the student's faces.

"I'll be handing out the papers then. Good luck." Nagisa smiled once more. He trudged quietly towards the rows of desks, placing the exam papers flat backwards on the surface of the desks of each student. After he finished placing the papers down, he flashed a last smile to his students before saying, "you may begin."

*****

     "Have you finished marking your students' midterm exams yet?" Karma asked.

"Yes!" Nagisa stated proudly. "Have you?"

"Of course I did." Karma huffed.

The two old friends were hanging out at Nagisa's place, chatting about many activities that they—teachers had to take care of. Nagisa's most recent activity was the big conclusion of infamous fame of Yoshiki Makino, the delinquent of the junior high school. Of course, Karma was there at the time and taken note of how deviously smart Nagisa had planned the performance out.

     "How are their marks?" Karma teased. "Do you think they can pass my students'?"

     "It depends on how well you've been training them." Nagisa smirked.

     "How rude." Karma frowned. "You talk as if they're in military school."

     "Sorry," Nagisa laughed. "But seriously, tell me their marks first. Then, I'll tell you my students' marks." The midterm exams had passed by within such a short span, none of the teachers could wait to show off their student's overall pristine marks. In the apartment room was an enormous window that seemed to reflect anyone that came near it. A blue curtain was half draped over the glass pane, while the brilliant night sky had indulged in the reflection.

     Albeit it was night, a scent of the warm summer air had wandered in the room like a pair of sneaky rats.

     "Hah, all of my students' marks are over 90!" Karma proudly stated. So this is how it feels to be a proud parent, that comment had flashed across his mind without a second thought.

     "Oh, really?" Nagisa sneakily nudged closer to his friend on the couch.

     "Well, guess what?" An unmistakable expression of pride and joy had plastered over Nagisa's face. "My student's marks are all above 95!"

     "No way!" Karma frowned. "Did you count their names?"

     "Nope!" Nagisa proudly stated, popping the 'p' of the word. "Did you?"

     "I did..." Karma sighed. "Looks like I'll have to remark it."

A frenzy of snickering had escaped from Nagisa. The poor blue headed teacher had to slap both his hands over his mouth in order to contain himself from deeply offending the red head. A look of pure irritation was plastered over Karma's face. Are you kidding me, Nagisa? His face seemed to roar, as red coated his cheeks and earlobes with its contagious colour. Truthfully, it went along well with his hair.