Chapter 19 - New Student

Nagisa did not expect to hear fluent English out of nowhere in his classroom—the next morning. In fact, nobody seemed to be prepared for the extravagant transfer student. Fumiko Murata, the fourteenth student of the Class 3-5 attendance. She had silky long white hair, and benevolent violet eyes. Truly a girl who possessed too much beauty, with little to spare for others.

"Hello, Shiota-Sensei." Fumiko bowed. "I am Fumiko Murata, and I just transferred today. Thank you for having me."

Whispers had flooded the classroom.

"Woah! She studied abroad!" Tomohiro gossiped.

"Really?" Tomomi gasped.

     Nagisa had to shush his class before continuing class. Unfortunately, the lesson was much of a hassle when nobody was listening to him—thanks to the babbling of a foreigner. "Really? Your nails are so well-painted!" Haruhi squealed, passing envious glances to Fumiko, who had smiled in response. "My parents don't allow me to do those sort of things, since we're... you know, farmers. But once I grow old enough, I'll move out with a parter and become the manager of a wealthy establishment. Once I earn enough money, I'll send stacks for my family and they'll eventually allow me to do my nails!"

"Haruhi-san," Nagisa frowned. "I think once you pass 18, they'll eventually allow you to do whatever. You don't even need to become a manager of a wealthy establishment."

     Giggled flooded the classroom as blush shaded Haruhi's ears to her chin. Kana nudged her with an elbow gently, "no worries, Haruhi-san. I'll follow you wherever you go in the future."

     "Class, please," Nagisa frowned. "Jus because you did good on your midterms doesn't mean for you to all act so freely. Studying is key."

     Groans piled after his statement.

*****

     "Shiota-Sensei." Nagisa felt like he was a popsicle melting under a sun's gaze.

     Junko Nakahara was the fifteenth student on Class 3-5's attendance list, and everything about her was sunny to the extreme. Her orange hair was tied to a side-braided ponytail, while her golden eyes shone brightly. She was jumping on the spot, remaining unmoving no matter the circumstances. "Junko-san? Are you okay?" Nagisa hesitantly asked.

     He always knew that the girl was a ball of sunshine—in literal sense. Her clothes had gems of all kind attached, sometimes reflecting a blinding light to those that stared too much.

     "I'm fine, Shiota-Sensei." She smiled. Even her teeth dazzled quite brightly.

     "I was just wondering if I could-" she puffed a breath in between, "introduce Fumiko-san around the school for a bit, since she seems quite lost."

     Their gazes had fallen on the white-haired beauty that studied abroad, who was clumsily making her way down the hallway away from their classroom. "Definitely. One should be sincere and thoughtful of another. Thank you for volunteering, Junko-san." Nagisa nodded to agree. Junko's eyes seemed to brighten, as if they could lift tough boulders with one blink.

     "Thank you for your permission, Shiota-Sensei. Then, off I go!" She waved goodbye happily, racing towards Fumiko, who gladly accepted her company. Nagisa could only reluctantly sigh in the back. His students really did not need him anymore.

*****

"And then Shiota-Sensei were kacham! With one swift movement, a finger of his landed on Akio-san's neck like a venomous snake, I tell you! A venomous snake!" Junko readily gave an explanation of the first day of Shiota-Sensei as their teacher.