03

kim took her phone out to reread the message from zee two hours ago, making sure she got the correct room number before buzzing the door.

she presses an ear against the wood and listens. she hears muffled female voices inside and could make out conan's voice who's laughing out loud.

yup. this is the correct room.

she presses the buzzer button and holds it for three seconds.

the people inside the room scream in excitement. she wonders why.

finally, the door opens ajar and kim notices the dim light inside. a woman with long blonde hair juts her head out.

"captain? what are you doing here?"

"jai? wow. you're here too!" says kim, surprised.

jai cranes her neck around as if looking for someone else. she turns back to kim. "are you the one they sent?"

"sent? who?"

jai eyes the suit and tie attire kim is wearing. "the stripper?"

kim gets horrified. "what!"

before she could finish her sentence, jai pulls kim inside the room and closes the door right away. with her eyes still adjusting to the dimly lit room, kim could get a glimpse of several females in the area, all looking at her.

"sorry, girls. false alarm." jai drapes an arm over her shoulders. "but guess who's here?"

"captain!" they say in unison.

kim then realises it's the former sau troop c inside. they all hug and greet her.

"oh, my god, kim!" conan, who's wearing a white casual shirt and a crown on her head, came over to hug her too. "i thought you won't be able to make it? and what's with the suit?"

"i have a meeting with a lawyer today about a contract for one of my investments," says kim, tucking her hands in her pockets. "but he cancelled the last minute so i swung by here instead. i'm not really into bachelorette parties but since zee said most of the troop will be present, i thought why not go here?"

"i'm so glad you came..." conan smiles drunkenly, putting an arm around kim's shoulders. "come. some of my guests will be thrilled to see you."

"are you drunk?" kim asks as conan leads her to the other people in the room. "and why won't you turn on the lights?"

"not yet drunk... and they said a surprise is coming over, so they wanted it dark..." conan approaches a figure. "hey, nam. kim's here."

"hey!" nam hugs her excitedly. "wow. i was sad when conan said you weren't coming. glad you made it!"

kim pulls away from the hug. "yeah. haha. didn't know you were coming either."

"well, she forced me and threatened me." nam glances at the bride-to-be. "she said you weren't coming and she can't afford another friend bailing out."

"i will be really mad," says conan drunkenly. "my wedding is next week and i'm too stressed. i need to relax. i need a moment to get away from wedding pljaiing shenanigans and this party is the key. but what's the use of having a bachelorette party if my friends won't come, huh?"

kim and nam chuckle.

"she is drunk," says nam.

"i know." kim lifts her head upon noticing another figure approaching. her eyes widen. "jane? you're here too?"

"whaddup, kim." jane hugs her. "of course i'll be here. i'd want to document how wasted conan will get tonight. it'll be a perfect show on her wedding day, right?"