Chapter 13

TOM POV

"Oh. Your still here" Gabriel's voice rang through my ears, immediately making me wake up from my sleeping state. It took a few moments for my brain to fully wake up, but once I did, realization hit me when I saw that Gabriel was looking at me with a smirk.

"Where else would I have gone?" I croaked. My throat was parched, practically begging for a liquid to cool it down.

"Nowhere. I just hoped you'd be dead by now" Gabriel chuckled, licking his lips. "Which reminds me...how do you preferred to be killed? I must know what makes you more comfortable for when I decided your time is up" Gabriel gave me a sweet sickly smile, as he pulled out his sword,  pressing the end of it to my face. I growled under my breath, making Gabriel back away just a tad.

"I don't plan on being killed any time soon" I spoke harshly. Little spits of blood jumped from my mouth and onto the ground, right in front of Gabriel. He looked down at me with complete disgust, scrunching his face up and backing away from the blood. If it wasn't for the loud sound of Gabriel's shoes on the hard stone, I would of swore I heard him mumble 'ew'.

A knock on the wooden door filled the air, making both Gabriel and I look in the direction. Gabriel muttered a quick 'come in' before putting his sword away. The door creaked open, revealing the curly blonde haired boy.

"Ah Julian!" Gabriel sang. A smile appeared on his face as he walked over and punched his brother in the chest. Julian moved back slightly, the force of Gabriel's punch almost pushing him over, but he managed to stay up and standing. "You don't have to punch me every time you see me Gabriel. It's getting quite annoying" Julian spoke harshly to his brother. Gabriel only rolled his eyes and flipped Julian's words off like it was a bug.

"Man up Julian" Gabriel punched Julian's chest again, making Julian more furious than he was before. "Why did you send for me?" Julian gritted his teeth, moving on from one topic to the next just like that. It was easy to tell that Gabriel was getting on his brother's nerves. The red face and beating red eyes were enough for me to conclude that Julian was angry. No doubt it was a brotherly relationship, but then again...

Gabriel was naturally talented at pissing people off.

"I want to speak with you about the plan I devised in order to take over Aarland" Gabriel spoke, placing his hands behind is back and started to pace back and forth between the ends of the cell. "It quite simple really. All you need to do is distract Princess Y/n, while my men and I attack the castle. Keep my future wife safe though...can't have an mishaps" He stated. Julian sighed and looked his brother in the eye. I could see the guilt.

"Gabriel..." He started. "I don't think we should be doing this. It's-...It's not right" Julian confessed. Gabriel's eyes darkened as he walked over to Julian, grabbing him by the chest and pushing him against the stone cold wall.

"Don't tell me your surrendering Julian?! I have worked to damn hard to have my shitty little brother throw that all away! I don't give a damn if you don't want to do it, it's too late to back down" Gabriel pushed Julian into the wall more, if that was even possible. "You have two choices here pretty boy. You either do what I tell you...or I cut your head off and use it to decorate the castle once I am King. Understood?" Julian scrunched up his face up, trying not to give in to his power obsessed whore of a brother, until he slowly nodded his head. Gabriel's face eased with tension, before letting his brother go.

"Good. Now I must go, I have some strategizing I need to do" Gabriel glanced at Julian and then started at the cell doors, but not before giving me a disgusting glare.

"One more thing-" Gabriel said, turning back into the room. "We attack at noon, in three days time...Thomas should be dead by then" Gabriel laughed while closing the door, leaving Julian and I alone.

Silence filled the chilling air as Julian stood in front of me, his eyes not leaving the one window. I examined his face, noticing that a certain moments, his face would screw together, trying to hid the fact that tears were building up in his eyes.

"Julian-" I said. His face immediately went to mine, looking down at me with tears still steaming down his face like a waterfall. "Why are you doing this?" I breathed. At first, Julian didn't respond. He just looked down at me with a face of guilt. He glanced out the window, noticing the blue birds that were chirping out on the trees. A small smile appeared on his face as he looked down at the ground.

"She likes blue birds" He spoke. The same smile still on his face. I looked at him with confusion, muttering a 'what'. "We were painting yesterday, and she painted a blue bird. Told me all kinds of things about why she loved them" He sighed, turning back to me. The smile started to fad away as he looked down at my terrible state.

"I'm betraying her" Julian spoke softly. "She told me she doesn't like liars...said she has a hard time trusting people" He finished, taking a deep breath. I gazed around the room for a few seconds. Not saying a word.

"Then don't do it" I spoke suddenly. I hoped Julian would some how change his mindset, but instead he only scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"You don't get it" The blonde responded. "Gabriel...he has so much power over me-. I've tried to stop following him but I can't....he's my brother...and brothers stick together, whether we want to or not...it's not like I can't just tell Gabriel I'm not going to help him. If I do, one of us is bound to be killed-....And I don't want to be the reason why he dies-" "He's going to die either way Julian. There's no way in hell, Gabriel's going to get out of this one alive" I interrupted harshly.

"Your under estimating my brother Thomas" Julian spat. His face went hard as he looked me in the eyes with absolutely no emotion. We stayed there for a few seconds before Julian muttered something under his breath and walking away, towards the door.

"You love her don't you?" I blurted out. Julian halted his movements. His hand was on the door and he was looking straight at it, contemplating whether or not to turn around to face me.

Honestly...I was scared of his answer. Throughout my whole life, Princess Y/n was all I heard about. My parents dreamed of the day that I marry the future Queen of Aarland, and over time, I became quite happy with the idea. Years passed though, and so did my childish feelings. I started to forget about the Princess and move on with my life.

But when that day happened...the day I met her. It was like all of those memories with my parents came back. I stood there...in front of the gorgeous girl, millions of thoughts running through my head, but only one really caught my mind....

Imagine calling her your own.

Julian sighed, making me come back out of my thoughts. I looked at him quickly, trying to forget the thoughts that were still running in my mind. He paused for a second before opening the door, about to leave me alone...a feeling that I was used to at this point. I watched as the boy started to close the door, but not before he opened his mouth to speak.

"I do...I really do"