Chapter 18

Y/N POV

Here I am waking up
Still can't sleep on your side
There's your coffee cup
The lipstick stain fades with time

"Gabriel stop!" I yelled, making a complete stop a few feet away from them. Gabriel ease his sword down and looked over at me with confusion. His jaw started to clench as he looked between Thomas and I, his brain putting two and two together. He gritter his teeth.

"You helped him?" The hand that wrapped around his sword began to turn white, the tighter he grabbed onto it. His gaze moved over to Thomas, watching the volcano of blood continue to pour out of him. Thomas' chest was still moving up and down, signaling that he was still alive. Although, I knew there wasn't much time until his body would give in. Gabriel scoffed, looking me up and down before leisurely walking away from Thomas and towards me. I used this as a chance to run over to Thomas and grab his sword, pointing it at Gabriel. My hands started to tremble as I held the sword up to Gabriel.

"You need to stop Y/n. This isn't your fight" he laughed, watching my frightened state out of amusement. He attempted to walk closer to me, to which I walked backwards, the sword still pointed to his chest. "You don't get to tell me what I can and can't do" I spat. Gabriel stopped and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Feisty...I like it" He winked. "I'm not telling you what you need to do Princess... I'm just simply giving advice. If you drop that sword right now, we can walk away as if nothing ever happened. If not...." He paused. The cheeky smile fell from his face and was replaced with a look of anger and rage. Gabriel glanced at me with hard eyes before pointing his sword right at my throat. The horror in his eyes were prominent. "If not I'll slit your throat, stab your chest and leave you to die with Thomas here" He spoke blankly. My eyes drifted to Thomas, seeing as his breathing was beginning to slow down. Gabriel looked at me, obviously waiting for my response, to which I said,

"No"

If I can dream long enough
You'd tell me I'd be just fine
I'll be just fine

Gabriel looked at me as if he had just been slapped in the face. His jaw clenched and his bit his lips so hard that small drops of blood slowly started to spill from his mouth. Gabriel took a deep breath before turning his head around, looking behind him. I immediately noticed this, so I went up to him and pressed the sword in my hand to the middle of his chest. I looked at Gabriel with a blank face as he slowly turned his head around to fully face me. He then glanced down at the sword that was touching him. Gabriel smirked at me, enjoying the sight of me trying to be tough. However, that smirk quickly disappeared as I sliced the side of his neck. A line of blood immediately gushed out, dripping down his skin and clothing.

"You stupid bitch" Gabriel muttered under his breath. He brung up his foot, placed it on my stomach and pushed me away with full force. Although the kick was strong, I still managed to stand my ground, coming back towards him and slicing his arm and then his leg. Gabriel collapsed once I pulled my sword away from his leg. Groans and profanity escaped his mouth as he screamed in pain, desperately trying to stop the bleeding. I smiled to myself, watching Gabriel on the ground. Some might say it's disgusting to be happy experiencing a person practically dying, but I was more than cheerful knowing the pain I was putting Gabriel through.

So I drown it out like I always do
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you

I scoffed at Gabriel's figure before turning around to Thomas. The blood around him was still increasing, but thankfully he was still breathing. I dropped my sword to the ground and rushed over to Thomas. I bent down beside him, ripped a piece of my dress off and started to apply pressure to his wound while my other hand held his. "Thomas stay with me" I muttered. A huge smile appeared on my face as I felt a squeeze on my hand. I glanced up to his face, laughing out of happiness when Thomas slowly started to open his eyes. He looked at me with pure joy before moving his sight behind me. His eyes went hard and I felt Thomas quickly let go of my hand. Confused rushed over me as I tried to turn my head to see what Thomas was looking at, but I stopped when I felt a cold, wet hand grab my neck with force. I was then suddenly pinned to the ground, with Gabriel's bloodied body on top of me. I felt myself choke, desperately trying to breathe in the air, but Gabriel only tightened his grip on my neck.