Midnight

For the past month I have been having nightmares. The first one started off small and they grew every night. Every time I woke up, I was drenched in sweat and was scared out of my mind. When I woke up, I always checked the clock. Every night for the past month, the nightmares ended on midnight. Exactly, seconds and minuets. But tonight was different. Before I went to bed, I made sure there was enough room to move around in my sleep incase I dreamt I was running. I got into my bed and closed my eyes. Instantly the nightmare started. I dreamt I was on a hill. Trees lined the area I was in and houses were far away on the horizon. I looked behind me. All of a sudden everything got vivid and the light turned a shade of red. A man was standing there. He was wearing cargo pants, a jacket and boots. His mouth was covered by some kind of scarf. His eyes were bloodshot. In his left hand was a sharp black hunting knife. In his left, an AK-47. I screamed and ran. I bolted down the hill, wind rushing past me and trees along side me. That's where I made the mistake of looking behind me. The man was chasing me but not as fast as I expected, he simply raised his AK-47 and shot the ground twice behind me. I jumped in shock and tripped over a fallen branch. By body tumbled down the hill, smacking into trees on its way. When I eventually stopped rolling, my body ached. My arm was in pain and I thought I twisted my ankle. The man approached me and threw his hunting knife at my chest. I sat bolt upright in my bed and realised I again, was sitting in my own sweat. I took a deep breath and looked up. The man from my nightmare was there and shot me 5 times with his AK-47. Twice in the head and three times in the chest. I coughed up blood and collapsed on my bed, dead. "Midnight" the man said!