Chapter Forty-Nine: Let's Perform The Dance Of The Sun And Night Dragons

SYDNEY:
    "Well well well." Said the Dark Queen as she faced down Huntor and I. Her mortal, or, immortal, enemies. "After millennia of time apart, you still inhabit beings weaker than you are, sun Lord." I stepped forward, my mate and I in perfect sync with each other. His single eye glowed as clear as day, as my eyes were no doubt glowing a puissant gold. "As you know." We spoke as one, our voices musical, male, and, female, spoken from the voice of a thousand suns. "You have misused your brethren, have tortured and killed them in the name of revenge." "Right, right, and right again." Said the Dark Queen. "Your people will die," Said Arachne. "Those you love have already fallen to my Ragni Di Morte, and others, will fall." Through the boyish face, she looked over at Reina, grinning. "A horrible, painful death. Though as my spiders have said, you would come to rescue this one, and, you, did." "We came to face you down Arachne. Came to rid the world of your darkness, and restore the rightful Dark Queen to her throne." We gestured to Nyx, who fought valiantly below with the Earthen dracons. "Your army is outnumbered and outmatched. Armies from all over the mainland have come to fight, dracons who were thought of long since extinct have come to return, to fight in this war. Even you've seen that the Selene dracons have returned, our Sun Dracons have returned, the Earthen Dracons have returned. Snow and Molten have banded together to fight you. The Tinkers, the Dodonians. How many others before this war is over?" "How many others need to die for a frivolous cause?" Asked Arachne. "All of you will die, will die, because I refuse to loose to the likes of you. I won't. I will slaughter you before the dawn can rise again, and, when I do, I'll turn my wrath on your army, no matter how big it gets, then, on the gods who delisted me and betrayed me." "Your vengeance ends Arachne, it ends, here, and now." We attacked.
    She bellowed as the guards scattered aside to give her space. A great bolt of daylight lashed out from Huntor. Arachne dodged, rolling aside before returning with a wave of white venom. Huntor calmly created a shield of Flames and the venom evaporated against it. He stomped and the cliff shook under it. I lashed out with a chain of daylight. Arachne whipped out a chain of venom and they collided, sounding like thunder. The daylight crackled like lightning as it met the chain of venom and sliced into it. Arachne yanked and I was sent forward. I rolled, planting my feet into her chest and sending her flying backward. She skidded across the shale but flew to her feet. So fast, Arachne was so fast. But we were fast, just as fast. Huntor blocked a lash of silk from Arachne and returned with a thrown sword of daylight. She slid under it and lashed out with another silk line. Huntor jumped and whipped out a chain of hydrokinesis. Arachne dove aside and returned with a lash of venom.
Huntor shot out his hands, and daylight lit the area, blinding some of the guards. Arachne dove aside and returned with several webs, whipping out in rapid succession. I dove in, lashed a sword of daylight into her side. Arachne snarled, but whipped out a dagger and flung it at me. I slid through the shale and lashed my blade into her stomach. Something hit my side and sent me sprawling. Arachne snarled as she faced both of us down. "Children," She said through that boy's face. "Utter children, fighting like children rather than like gods." With that, she attacked again. Huntor whipped out a chain of water and wrapped it around Arachne's throat. He yanked, and she went flying toward him. I pushed out my hands, daylight zapping toward her. Arachne yanked hard on the chain, but my mate didn't relinquish his hold. Daylight lashed into Arachne again and she screamed. Huntor flung her over his shoulder and into the shale. Her body skidded through, leaving a deep gash. Her Ragni guards roared their outrage and advanced. But laughter came from the gash in the shale. Arachne exploded from it, her eyes alive with a vicious sort of glee. A horrifying masochistic smile spread across her face. "Do you think daylight is what's going to end me? Do you think, that just because I don't have night anymore, that daylight will be enough to kill me?" She pointed to the battle below. "I don't care how many you end up having in the end. I don't care how many you bring to war, you'll die, all of you will die." Arachne raged it as she lashed out, again, again, again, again. "I refuse to be killed, I refuse to loose to the likes of you. I waited millennia to face the Higher Beings, waited thousands of years. Thousands of years of sleeping, of careful planning, I will not loose to the likes of you." She swung a web line that wrapped around Huntor's waist. Daylight burned through as she reeled him in. She hissed with fury and slashed out with long venom blades. Huntor wove through the onslaught, dancing and weaving his way through. I flipped in, daylight sword lashing into existence. Arachne hissed but fought the both of us at the same time. "No different." I thought. "No different than fighting the great Sun Dragon. No different at all." Where Huntor paused, I swooped in. Where I ducked, he attacked. Yet, we, were, evenly, matched.
    Arachne flipped backward, her black eyes alive with malice and rage. Huntor and I approached, daylight lashing off us in sparks. Green lightning lashed from the now cloudy sky high above. As the lightning lashed, rain poured, a powerful puissant torrent. Arachne's face went absolutely demonic as she realized just what kind of water it was. "You're dead." Said Arachne, eyes roiling with a kind of furor that only a god could achieve. "You're all dead." Huntor leapt along side me, our daylight blades lashing against her venomous ones. Reina screamed as a Ragni Hybrid lifted her off the spider's back and pressed a Ragni Dagger to her throat. Yet, Huntor did not pause. Our minds were of one being, powers aline as we'd of been in bed together. The child in me grew in strength, crying out in furious glee at the power that sang through it. I lashed out with a chain of daylight. Arachne dodged, but Huntor swept out a leg and sent her flying.

KITANA:
    Powerful, puissant, inhuman rage filled my blood. I had to struggle, struggle to keep that human part of me down. I am, the Uccisore Della Morte, I am, the, Slayer, Of, Death. I can't let the rage take over. Yet as lightning lashed down, as rain poured, all I could think about was the dead girl by my side. The dead sister, by my side. Hybrids spanned ahead, bows firing, swords slashing as dracons fell upon them and faced off, hand to hand. A cold hand touched my shoulder and I turned to see Sarah staring at me, her sapphire gaze alight through the mask. "Let one of my wolves take her, take her somewhere safe." A huge ice wolf pounded forth, long claws sharp. With a gentleness that damn near made the human scream in furious sadness, Sarah lifted Diana's body on to the wolf's back. The wolf ran to the edge and leapt, an ice dragon flew in, and carried it to the ground, where it flew off. "Take out your humanity on them." Said Sarah, no, the Snow Goddess. She gestured to the waves of Ragni Di Morte. I nodded, and pulled up death, I went incorporeal, and screamed as I slaughtered souls of the living and dead.

NYX:
    With the star gods on either side of me, we lashed through the Ragni Di morte, the armies of the Earthen Dracons, and Tinkers working as one. Tinkers flew into the eyes of the Ragni, flashing bright colors to blind and disable, as the ground beneath them trembled and shook, I lashed out, a sword of night in my grip. Stars twinkled all over the blade. I dove and gutted one spider and swiped it's pincers right off. A gigantic serpent spilled over the lines of Ragni Di Morte, it's coiling body lashing out at random. Watching the serpent draw closer, it's rainbow scales glistening as if newly polished, she reared back and shot flames from her throat. "That's different." Said one dracon before lashing back into the fight. She, it had to be a she, slithered up to my side, and shifted into, yep, a girl. "Arachne," She shouted. "Nyx." I corrected. "Whatever." I recognized her now. "Camille, what—"Audrey needs your help." "Audrey." The name rang a dim bell. "She's trapped underground and Ragni are coming for her. "Take the front," I snapped to a dracon behind me. "Yes Majesty." He leapt into action honored to fight along side the starlight twins.
    "Show me," I ordered. "Come, this way." Camille turned, flying through the battling armies. She dove under a crying wolf who was being eviscerated. I lashed out at a fleeing spider. It screamed as it fell heavily, shale spraying. We reached the edge of the battle, and Camille raced through and pointed to a bit of loose dirt. Loose dirt, where their shouldn't be loose dirt. "Thank you." I said, slamming my foot into the ground, the dirt reverberated through me and I sank into the ground. I ran along the tunnel, the scent of tilled earth and Reina's symbol lingering. I turned a corner, hearing the sounds of Ragni Di Morte shrieking, swords bouncing off armored hides, or, armored, shells. I burst in the cavern, Spotting Audrey battling ten huge spiders, who were clearly of the newer breed, harder to kill. She turned, her masked face hiding her expression. "Arach—"Nyx." I corrected. Audrey nodded as if no further explanation was needed. I raised my arms and night blinded the Ragni Di morte. And through that night, I came, slashing for their underbellies, their eyes. Soon, their screaming of pain filled the cavern, then was cut off. "Come." I said. "You're needed above." "Thanks, I know I am." I pushed my arms forward, and the ground groaned as I carved a path to the surface. Audrey raced along side me as we left the cavern, and into battle.
    Upon reaching the surface, Audrey asked, "Want a lift?" "I have my own wings." I answered. Audrey nodded, and with her power, summoned a hydro dragon. Her own wings and tail exploded out of her back and they sailed off. Lightning, incandescently blue, lashed out from the dragon's maw. I turned, spotting a deeply purple dragon open her jaws, and purple lightning lashed from her mouth and into a hoard of spiders. I turned my attention to the Dark Queen, to Arachne, who still fought Huntor and Sydney. I heard wings, and saw the former Snow Queen land beside me. "Evenly matched." She stated. "They are too evenly matched, they need another player to tip the balance." Kneecora looked to the battlefield. The Ragni Di Morte will fall, they will fall today, they are too well outmatched, but the Sun Dragons and Arachne will not fall, the dragon will not fall, until the balance is tipped, one way, or another. I nodded, hearing her unspoken words. I readied my wings, as did Kneecora. We flew off, up toward Huntor and Sydney, up toward the battle of battles, oup to where we knew a dragon would fall.