Chapter 14.

* Jaes POV *

I was at home listening to music cleaning when mani texted me . She was acting so weird at first but she then called me cute . I of course appreciated the compliment which i happily returned because she's cute herself .

After that she even asked me to go Go Kart racing with her. I love going places & doing fun things so why not ? Im pretty sure it's a harmless thing to do. Why not get along with her she is my team mate after all.

I noticed her staring at my lips earlier i immediately thought they were crusty . But when i licked them they didn't feel dry . She's so weird & shy , something i'm not use to. If you're going to stare at my lips can you at least tell me why.

I even looked down at hers just because & they were perfect . Plump & pink accompanied by some cute lip gloss.

I just hoped that it was only going to be us going out. I figured she probably was sleep so i decided i'll wait until the morning to ask who's all coming . If she even mention Sariah Or Timmya i'm canceling . I've been doing good & i don't want to be around them or no drama.

I just let my thoughts wonder on what her intentions could possibly be while i drifted to sleep .

We went to school Friday me & Mani conversed a little in 1st period but the day went by pretty fast. I just dropped mkay off & was on my way home.

Once I arrived home I decided to look for an outfit I can wear to my little outing with Mani. I didn't want to do too much but I still wanted to look cute.

I settled for an all black long sleeve jumpsuit & some blue & black Jordan 1's . I laid it out on 1st day of school type junk. I laughed to myself , but I started to think.

I was pretty eager to go out. She's so shy , or it seems . Hopefully we can have a good time. But if she was bold enough to want to ask for a friendly date then she should interact while we're there .

I decided to text mani to ask since I didn't ask her earlier .

Me: Hey mani .
Mani: hey .
Me: wyd ?
Mani: Nothing looking for something to wear wby.
Me: Nothing , is it just us 2 going tomorrow ?
Mani: Ofc i didn't invite anyone else.
Me: Ok just asking.
Mani: That's fine . You know what you're wearing ?
Me: Yes a black long sleeve one piece with my Jordan 1's to match it .
Mani: Bet .
Me: okay goodnight Ms.Brown i'll see you tomorrow. 💕
Mani: lol still calling me that ? ok i'll find you a name but goodnight cutie . 💓

That's her second time calling me cute. Maybe she just really loves to compliment people . I feel like this is going to be fun so now i'm super excited for tomorrow.

I went downstairs to make me some chicken alfredo. I face-timed Mkay while doing so . We were just talking & mani just so happened to come up.

" So she called you cute twice , within 2 days ? " questioned Mkay watching me through the screen.

" yes but i don't really think nothing of it maybe she just loves to compliment people . " i said laughing.

" or she likes you , cora told me how she was eyeing you in the locker room after practice " Mkay said smirking .

" Girl what , i don't even think she likes girls. Maybe she was looking past me or something . " i replied with a scrunched up face .

But i knew Mani was looking at me. I never thought in that way tho. It would make sense Go karting , staring at my lips & eyeing me while in my bra . Hm nah Jae you're just overthinking stop listening to Mkay i thought to myself.

But what if she's right ? I laughed it off because there's no way .. nope it can't be i don't see her liking girls maybe she really just wants to be friends . I zoned out Mkay for a minute or two then realized she hung up. She must've said she'll call me back.

I finished cooking then headed to my room . I make some good alfredo I ate 2 plates of it . Now i was full , time to sleep good . I said my prayers then fell fast asleep.

To be continued .