Chapter 13.

Imani in MM*
* Imanis POV *

Yes. Yes i have been checking Jae out in class. No. No i don't have a problem with her. I can really see why she would think so. Yes i know she thinks that i can see it all over her face.

Ever since the first day of school i'd noticed her but i also noticed her boyfriend. I knew that he was cheating with my friend but i've always been the type to just sit & observe. Jae always seemed happy with the jerk who she dated but I guess when all the cheating came to the light she learned to not so much.

Me seeing that she was now single & the project being an excuse , i wanted to take my chance to at least have a conversation or two with her . I thought she would decline working with me but surprisingly she didn't which satisfied me.

I was looking forward to an invite to her house to do this project but she decided we meet at a Cafe . It is now Thursday & we're just now going to get started on the project after practice. It's due Monday but i'm sure we can manage & get it done.

We practiced with coach. & yes i made the team. Officially on the team which means more time with Jae i may even get to smack her butt for good sportsmanship . ;)

Once we were done we got dress & she approached me.

" Do you drive to school or are you riding with me to the Cafe ? " she questioned.

" Sometimes i do but i didn't drive today. " i replied.

" Ok come on . " she grabbed her keys & we were on our way.

Once we got in the car I looked around & it was pretty nice . She turned on the radio tuning me out i guess i wasn't going to start a conversation no way so i just sat back until we got to the Cafe .

We pulled into the cafe , exited the car & headed towards the entrance. When we entered i held the door open for her .

" Thank you " she said with a small smile .

" no problem " i replied .

We walked to a booth in the back. I was glad it was mostly quiet in here a conversation from a few but barely.

" Soo have any ideas for the project " she asked turning her gaze towards me .

" whatever you want to do is fine i'll just add on to it " i answered .

" I'm about to order , do you want anything ? "

" No but thank you " that was kind of her to ask me. She ordered a donut & some milk . ok lol.

We brainstormed ideas & the whole time i was really looking at her lips . They were so pink , full & big . She's so pretty & i love the way she carry herself . She's super classy & confident . Her eyes are so welcoming & she's overly sweet . She evens like to try bold colors on her hair , guess who else does that ? No other then yours truly me :).

Too bad i'm not the type to make the first move because i would've been tried to run down on her. I really can see myself with her but i'm too afraid to speak up about it ..

I guess she caught me staring at her lips because she licked them & looked at mines . hmm ok. idk what that means but alright.

Before we parted ways she asked for my number so that we can exchange ideas & how far we get on the project .

It's currently night time & all i can think about is Jae . Her face , her shape , that big ole booty :) idk everything her smile . She's just so damn cute i can't help it . I really wanted to text her but wtf was I going to say ? I'm not really good at spitting game & i wanna talk about more then just a stupid project .

I sat on my bed contemplating what to text Jae . This went on for about 40 minutes before i literally sent a simple .

Me: Hey 💕.

Like wtf is that ? what if she don't even text back. Bro i always ruin shit. I sat my phone down & started drawing . Like 2 minutes later i received a notification.

Jae.: Hi.
Me: wyd ? are you busy ?
Jae.: No , just listening to music wby ?
Me: oh nothing laying down .
Jae.: oh ok lol.

FUCK FUCK FUCK. I don't know i want to cut straight to the point & ask her out .. But like what if she doesn't like girls ? What if that runs her away ? I won't even have a partner to submit the project with. We won't make good team mates or nothing. My thought clouded me for a while before she texted again.

Jae.: you texted because you had ideas about the project ?
Me: No, but i don't think i want to say why i really texted you.
Jae.: 😂 you can tell me .
Me: are you sure ? don't look at me different pls 😓.
Jae.: i won't i promise girl lmao.
Me: i think you're really cute . 😂
Jae.: awe thank you , you're really cute too girly💕.

Aw hell nah she friend zoning me , wtf is a " girly " . I was contemplating on asking her to accompany me go karting . But i've already got this far why stop ? If i say go karting she'll at least get the idea i want to b more than team mates & a project partner .

Me: Do you wanna accompany me in go karting Saturday night ? 😂
Jae.: hm are you trying to b my friend Ms.Brown?
Me: lol hm am i.
Jae.: lol hm ok but yes we can go what time ?
Me: how's 7pm?
Jae.:great .
Me: ok great see you then.

I clicked my phone off & sat up in my bed . I really got a date with the girl of my dreams omg . She doesn't even know it's a date yet but it's most certainly a date like of course why not ? It has nothing to do with our project so she should get the hint. At least think i want to be friends .. But we all gotta start somewhere right ?

I was too excited i got up start punching the air & dancing . I'm so slow , i laid down with that on my mind all night .

" i really got a date with this fine ass girl " i whispered to myself smiling ear to ear . Shortly after i fell asleep dreaming about her.