Ch. 17 ~ A Great Friend

I tried to blink away my tears to tell him that I was okay. However, I still felt the tears streaming down my cheeks. He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. He sat down beside me and put his arm around my shoulders. I rested my head on his shoulder, and couldn't help crying.

I don't know how long I cried, but when I finally started to calm down, I literally felt like I couldn't cry ever again as long as I live. But in reality, I know I will cry again.

I lightly lifted my head to look at the boy's damp shoulder. “Sorry.” I whispered. I was ashamed of myself; I'm usually never like this.

“That's okay Gen. I don't mind. I don't mind at all.” He said as his hand gently pushed my head back on his shoulder, causing me to relax.

We sat there in silence. I started to shiver, and he took his sweatshirt off and put it on me. He's a great friend, I'm so lucky to have a friend as kind as he is.

“What should I do?” I softly ask him.

He paused before answering, I'm surprised he heard me. He must really be listening.

“Well, what does your heart tell you to do?” He asked.

I sighed and thought about it. I mean, really thought about it. My mind flew through all of my memories. Until Louis came into my life, it was pretty boring. Depressing, even. But then came Louis the Tommo Tomlinson with his 4 minions, who made my life actually worth living. Before I could even think about the bad memories, I shook them out of my head.

“He really loves you. And saying that about Lou, is really serious.”

Still scanning my mind for answers, I thought of something. Instead of searching memories, I should start picturing my future.

Could I see myself dating and maybe one day even marrying him? Would he always be there for me? Could he be the one expierence things with me that I never thought I'd do? Could I see myself in his arms, with little Tommos running around? Could I see myself dieing with Louis by my side? Do I need Louis?

Surprisingly, it did not take long to find my answer.

Yes.

“I love him too.” I whispered. “I know I do.”

“That's good.” I heard the smile in his voice. I smiled too.

“Well,” he started, “there's a sad Louis Tomlinson back there with the guys. And that's not very good.” he said gently.

“I need to fix that.” I said.

“Yep” he said, popping the 'p'.

He stood up and put his hand out to help me up. I gladly took it and stood up beside him, brushing the grass off of my butt with my other hand. As he pulled me up, my sleeve slipped down my arm, exposing my wrists. It's been over a month since I have cut myself, but if you look close enough, you can see them. Liam has very good eyes.

I stood up staring at my cuts as Liam traced them with his fingers. He looked up into my eyes and I saw tears forming in the corners of his.

“Why?” he softly said.

I started to tear up again as I said “I was mad...I felt like nobody loved me. Like I had no purpose in this world. No reason to live...”

He knew I didn't want to talk about this, so he pulled me into his arms and I felt safe there. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Don't you ever do that again. Ever.” he whispered into my hair.

“I won't.” I whispered back.

He ended the hug and smiled at me, and I returned the gesture. He grabbed my hand and we began to walk back to Louis' and Harry's flat. I broke the silence a couple of minutes later.

“So..what should I say to him?”

“I dunno.” he said. I looked at him with a confused expression. He just shrugged his shoulders. I frowned.

“I'm kidding.” he smiled. “Just tell him how you really feel.”

I giggled. “You sound like a teenage girl” I commented. I love Liam, but this was so true.

“Well sorry for trying to help!” He laughed.

I giggled and playfully smacked him with my boots that I was still holding.

“You know, you're gonna end up hurting your feet if you don't wear shoes while walking on a street.”

“Well if I wear them I'm going to end up getting blisters and ankle problems! I don't know how girls can do this...” I stated.

He laughed at my non-girly comment. “Hop on” he said as he lowered himself in front of me.

“Why thank you” I said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he held my legs by his sides. He was a great friend.

“No problem my lady.” He said, causing me to giggle once more.

“Faster horsey faster! Take me to my prince!” I giggled. I was in such a great mood. To my surprise, Liam started running towards Harry's and Louis' place. He put me down and turned around to face me.

“Go get em' tiger” he said as he winked.

“Thank you Daddy Direction.” I whispered as I embraced him in a big hug.

“Anytime.” he whispered back.

When the hug was over, I smiled at him and he waved me on towards the stairs to go to talk to Louis.

I ran towards the stairs case, but I took the steps one at a time, slowly.

This is it.

_________________________________________________________________________

Ooohh what do you think will happen?? On the side is Rescue by Seabird <3