The author's words

So if you're here, you've probably just finished reading Art and you're probably hella annoyed because of the ending. You're probably mad that Elavon didn't get together and she just left the Home, never to return. Well, don't fret, because there is going to be a sequel! I had originally planned from the very beginning to keep the romance minimal because I wanted the focus of Art to be on getting Devon out of his shell and making him realise his importance. I had originally planned for the sequel to be the development of Elaine and Devon's relationship. As for when the sequel will be posted, I am not sure, but it's definitely not coming for a few months.

So in honour of finishing Art, I thought I'll give you all a little trivia on it:

1. Doves are mentioned so much in the story because of "12 days of Christmas", you know, "two turtle doves?" And also because to me, doves represent freedom and hope which was two things that Devon was lacking. Having Elaine have a sort of obsession with doves seemed fit as she was the one that was going to give him hope.

2. Devon was actually going to be called Jaden, and Jaden was going to be called Devon. But then the more I thought about it, if you took away the n in Devon and switched the o and e around, it would spell dove. So I was like yep, he has to be called Devon. Besides, Elaine and Devon sounded right.

3. I decided to write this after I read a book that was so overly cliche I wanted to scream. So I thought, why not write a book that doesn't have a love triangle and doesn't include bitchy girls being mean to each other, and the main girl being insecure or the main boy being a player. I just wanted a story that had simplicity and complexity at the same time. So I decided to write one.

4. If you look at the dates for Art, they actually match the date for December 2014, but I actually never planned that. I literally took a random day and random date and started my story and when I checked the calendar, out of curiosity, it turned out that the dates actually matched. So I guess you could call me psychic or something.

5.Art was actually going to be set for the summer time, but the more I thought about it, the more I remembered that Christmas was the time of year where everyone was meant to have their spirits lifted and see the good in everything so it honestly made sense for Art to be set in the Winter.

Finally, I want to say a massive thank you to anyone that has ever clicked on Art and read it, to people who actually comment and vote and the ones who ghost read, each and everyone of you I owe thanks to.

I hope you enjoy reading Art as much as I loved writing it.

For the last time on Art.

Happy reading!