Damaged

Damaged. That's what they all became as the years went by. Damaged goods that no one would want. All innocence that they had slowly began to disappear leaving behind a shell of what they used to be. It was the brothers that began to change first, but then the girls began to fall down the same path of hatred, envy, possessiveness, paranoia, etc. It was a never ending hole that they all fell into and would never get out of.

X•X

"Again."

The strict and harsh words of Beatrix rang in their heads as they continued with their training.

And they were absolutely exhausted.

The two had been training for hours with no breaks. As the two walked across the room Sakura's shoulders slouched ever so slightly resulting in her shoulders roughly being pulled straight and a harsh slap across her already bright red hands.

"Must I repeat myself? No slouching or you will have an extra hour of training," Beatrix said, no emotion presented on her face.

"Can't we just stop," Shu whined, "just for a little bit."

They had to train for an extra three hours.

-

"Edgar no!" Shu shouted, him and Sakura trying to pull the desperate boy away from the burning building.

"If you run back in there you'll die," Sakura yelled.

"They're still in there! I have to save them," he shouted back before he pushed the two off of him and ran into the building. A few moments later it collapsed and took their dear friend with it.

-

The calming sound of a piano flowed through the room and gave off a sense of calm tranquility. Sakura's eyes were closed as her hands moved across the piano, having memorised it long ago, and her face displayed nothing but an emotionless face. Shu laid across the bench with his head in her lap and his earplugs removed from his ears. He had a peaceful look on his face and with his eyes closed one would assume that he was asleep as per usual, but Sakura knew that he was awake and was listening to the calming music. No matter how many times he heard the song Shu would always ask her to play it and no matter how many times she played it Sakura would always be happy to do so.

As the song began to end the eldest Sakamaki opened his eyes and looked at the face he adored so much. Knowing that he was looking at her she opened her eyes and looked down at him whilst still playing the song. The two said no words, already knowing what the other was thinking. It was a silent promise that they would always be by togethers side. A declaration of their love for one another. A look that meant eternity with each other.

Once the Sakura's fingers hit the final notes of the song a new presence was noticed in the mansion, causing a sigh to leave both of their lips. "Looks like the newest bride has arrived," Sakura mumbled. Shu simply hummed in agreement and closed his eyes.

"We'll go down there in a bit. First, sleep."

-

"Mom, me and Fleur memorized her whole book of stories," Reiji told her with a hopeful look on his face. He and Fleur had spent a couple months memorizing her book and every single story in it. The reason for this was to impress his mother and to finally have her praise them for their work, to finally notice them, but no such thing happened. She didn't look up from her book or give any indication that he heard her. Refusing to give up, Reiji looked at Fleur and motioned his head to his mother. Getting the message she took her hands from behind her back to show a neatly folded dress that had diamonds attached to it and felt soft to the touch. Peering at it from the corner of her eye, Beatrix gazed at it for a few seconds before going back to her book.