Karlheinz

In a place unknown to the Sakamki's their father sat in his office glaring at the objects on his desk.

Music sheets that were in a discord.

A blank storybook.

A shattered mirror.

Ashes of a teddy bear.

A wilted rose.

And an open locket.

After gifting those items to the girls years ago he had made copies to keep check of their health, but when he came back to the poor state the objects were in he was less than happy. What he couldn't figure out was how it happened. He knew that his son's made sure that the girls never leaved their sides and the girls didn't like being apart from them for more that a minute. So how...how could it have come to this?

After giving the objects one more look he stood up from his seat behind his desk and teleported outside of the Sakamaki mansion. The place looked dead. He was about to go inside when he noticed the car tracks on the ground and the scent of his son's leading toward the woods. Furrowing his eyebrows in confusion he looked around for any possible signs of a trap before following the tracks, his hair and cape flowing behind him. More and more thoughts began to flood his mind as he walked. This son's almost never left the mansion unless it was to go to school, especially Shu. So what on earth provoked them to do this? After walking for almost fifteen minutes he saw the old house in the distance along with a limo. But what caused a slight panick to brew within him was the strong scent of blood that was coming from such a great distance. Without wasting any time he teleported in front of the house and was about to storm inside when he heard whimpers behind him. Turning around he saw that the door to the limo was open and he could see some purple hair. Walking closer his eyes widened when he saw Kanato cradling a doll-like Angel.

"Kanato..." he breathed, causing the triplet to look at him. His eyes widened for a second before they turned into a glare.

"Get away."

"Kanato what happened," Karlheinz demanded as he reached his hand inside of the vehicle and towards the duo.

"DONT TOUCH HER!" Kanato screamed. Karlheinz froze and looked at the vampire with wide eyes. Never in his life has he seen him this angry. "GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS AWAY FROM HER!"

"I need to know-"

"SHUT UP!" Having enough of his father Kanato lunged kicked his father in the chest as hard as he could from his seat. Karlheinz didn't have enough time to dodge the kick from such a close proximity and flew out of the limo. He did a backflip as he soured through the air and landed in a crouch, sliding backwards a few feet before stopping. Now angry himself the older vampire looked up at the teen with rage and smirked a little at the slight flicker of fear that appeared in his eyes. Standing up slowly he stared at his son before speaking slowly.

"I'll ask one more time. Tell me what happened before I force it out of you."

-

The inside of the house was silent as the brothers ran out of tears to shed. Ayato was still sitting on the ground with Akari in his lap, now combing his fingers through her hair. He had gently closed her eyes awhile ago and was humming a small tune. He had heard yelling from outside but didn't care enough to see what it was. All he wanted was for Akari to open her eyes and tell him that everything was alright. That this was all just a cruel joke. But he knew that it wasn't possible.

His humming stopped when the doors bursted open and he heard Kanato screaming. "NO! GIVE HER BACK! SHE'S MINE, NOT YOURS! ANGEL!"

Turning his head his eyes widened as he saw his bastard of a father stride inside with Angel thrown limply over his shoulder. Kanato attempted to block his path while trying to reach for Angel, but his actions were in vain. Karlheinz's patience snapped when Kanato lunged forward and bit into his side as hard as he could. Without hesitating he kicked the purple haired teen across the room, flinching as he felt a huge chunk of flesh rip out.