Bonding

Dinner was practically dead silent. The only sound was the forks, knives, and dishes clinking together. As usual Shu and Sakura were asleep in their chairs, one earphone from Shu's MP3 player. Reiji and Fleur sat straight in their seats with their focus solely on their food. Ayato and Akari were silent but it was slightly obvious that they were playing a game of footsie under the table. Kanato and Angel hugged their bears as they snacked on the sweets they managed to swipe. Laito and Kaiya were sending subtle smirks and winks to each other and Subaru and Rin ate while holding hands under the table.

Yui observed everyone awkwardly from her seat at the table. She was tempted to ask questions, more specifically why the they looked so much like each other, but knew that there would be consequences.

"You haven't eaten very much, Little Bitch," Laito teased as he appeared behind Yui. "You need to eat properly or you could become anemic. Would you like me to feed you?"

"Laito, it's bad manners to get to your feet during a meal," Reiji snapped.

"Yes sir," Laito said mockingly before turning to Yui. "We'll continue this later, Little Bitch." He turned and looked at Kaiya expectantly, who had stayed in her seat, and watched her get out of her seat and walk to him. He put his arm around her waist and they walked out together. Right after Shu stood up causing Yui to look up at Shu in confusion. Sakura opened one eye as the earphone in her ear popped out and dangled at Shu's side.

"Shu?" Yui asked in a shaky voice.

"This is a pain," was all he dragged out before grabbing Sakura's hand and dragged her out of her seat and out of the room.

"That deadbeat," Reiji said with venom in his voice after the door closed, "nothing good can come of anyone who grows up spoiled rotten." Fleur put a hand on his shoulder, but he paid no mind.

"Teddy, what would you like to eat next," Kanato asked. "Let's have a banana snowball." He placed his fork on one of his cookies and added some pressure to it and watched as it split in half. His eyes widened with glee as he began to smash all the cookies on his plate whilst laughing manically. Angel watched as the cookies were turning into nothing but crumbs and slowly began to join in on the laughter.

"He won't even make the effort to attend our monthly dinner party," Reiji continued. He went silent for a moment before saying, "That will be all for today." The others wasted no time in getting up and leaving the room. Yui was also about to get up but was stopped by Reiji.

"One moment. Your table manners are deplorable. One of these days, I will take you aside and discipline you thoroughly. Understood?"

Yui was silent for a moment and looked at Fleur but the girl payed no mind to their conversation. "Yes, sir."

After she left Fleur looked at Reiji. "Do you plan to drink her blood anytime soon?" Reiji remained silent and didn't look at her. "Reiji?"

"I was hoping to put it off for the time being," he said as he pushed his glasses up.

Fleur narrowed her eyes at him. "You cant simply dismiss every bride that comes."

"Just the smell of her is revolting, I doubt that her blood is any different."

"You and your brothers say that about everyone else as well."

"Because its the truth," Reiji snapped, before his eyes softened and he looked at her, "you and your blood are the only things that can quench my thirst."

Fleur's eyes also softened and she gave him a small smile before standing up. "Would you be interested in some tea, as well as some quiet reading?"