Secrets

"Are you going to Scaraborough Fair?"

The haunting singing voices of Kanato and Angel pierced through the silent night and sent chills up Yui's spine when she heard it.

"Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme."

Their voices held sadness and grief that not many would detect.

"Remember me, to one who lives..."

They stopped when the door to the balcony opened and turned to see Yui who's eyes held shock. "That was you Kanato and Angel?"

Angel greeted her with a large grin and a wave whereas Kanato gave her a small smile. "Ah, Yui," he said before turning to look back at the night sky, "isn't it a nice night?"

"Why are you both sitting there? It's dangerous," Yui asked worriedly as she approached the two. They were sitting on the railing with nothing to save them if they fell. They were hugging their teddy bears close and Angel was swinging her legs back and forth, making Yui's fear for them falling grow.

"We'll be ok," Angel said cheerfully, swinging her body back and forth with her legs, causing Yui to hold out her arms to catch her if she fell. "Besides, where would the fun be if there wasn't any danger?"

This only caused Yui to panick even more. "Come on, it's really dangerous. If you fall Angel, you might die!"

Kanato looked at her with a sharp glare along with growing anger on his face. "Are you assuming that I won't be able to protect her?"

"No but-"

"You think I would allow my Angel to leave this world? THAT I WOULD ALLOW HER TO LEAVE ME! THAT YOU THINK THAT SHE WILL BREAK OUR PROMISE OF ALWAYS REMAINING AT EACH OTHERS SIDE!" Yui flinched at his loud screams and closed her eyes tightly in fear. When she heard Kanato giggle she opened her eyes and saw that he once again had a smile on his face. "You wear an expression of anxiety mingled with fear. I actually hate it when you make that face. It makes me worry why you're so afraid of me. That's one of the reasons why I love Angel, because I know that she will never look at me with that face." When he said that he turned to Angel with a loving smile that she returned and interlocked their fingers.

"Im not afraid right now," Yui tried to reassure. "Im only afraid that you two are going to fall."

Kanato sighed at this. "You really don't have a clue how conceited that makes you. You're so incredibly foolish." He then began to chuckle a litte. "Its so ridiculous it makes me laugh."

"Is it so wrong to worry?"

"We don't need your worry," he snapped. "But..." he began, turning to look at her, "do you really want us to get down that badly?"

"Yes."

He looked at her in thought before he began speaking again. "Then tell us that you care about us."

Yui's faced turned into one of confusion. "What?"

"Its simple really," Angel teased with a playful smile.

"Tell us that you actually care about us. That you genuinely care about what will happen to us if we don't get down," Kanato explained.

The blonde hesitated. She really did want them to get down but she also didn't want to lie to them. Angel did grow on her a little but she didn't know about Kanato. Did she really want to lie to them and tell them that she really cared about them after all the hurtful things that they told her the other day. She didn't want to play with their feelings like that.

Noticing her hesitation the two sighed, "That's too bad," Angel pouted.

"If you can't do that," Kanato began, "then leave us alone and get lost. Okay?" Yui put her hand on her chin in thought and contemplated whether to do it or not. Noticing this the two broke out laughing. "You took us seriously. You really are hopelessly stupid but, we'll get down now."