A Look Into the Past

"Please Fleur?"

"No."

"I'll make you takoyami."

"No."

"I need to know!"

"What makes you think I know that answer?"

"You and Reiji are really smart so obviously you should know the answer!"

"Well I am sorry to disappoint."

"Will you just shut up already!" Rin shouted.

"It's a serious question though," Akari protested, "what came first, the chicken or the egg?"

"You've been bugging Fleur about it for the past hour," Sakura muttered, looking like she was about to drop dead with sleep any moment.

"Because I need to know!"

"It is a hard question, though," Kaiya said, putting a finger to her chin.

Angel looked away from them and held up Beary to her face. "Why are they asking such stupid questions?"

Akari's head whipped in her direction and pointed an accusing finger at her. "Hey, don't forget that you and Kanato believed us when we all managed to convince you guys that the birds work for the burgeoisie on April Fools."

"Yes, and we got you back for that," Angel retorted with a creepy smile. The others shivered as they remembered her and Kanato's face that screamed murder and how they all spent the next week running away from them as they chased them with silver daggers.

"Is that Yui?" Kaiya questioned. They all stopped when they saw the human slowly walking down the hall towards them. "Hey, Yui!"

"Somethings wrong," Fleur said. As Yui walked closer they understood what she meant. Her eyes looked dazed and she looked as if she had no control of her body. They parted to let her walk past them and watched as she walked away. "Akari, Kaiya, watch her."

The two red heads nodded and followed Yui to wherever she was heading.

"Did you guys..." Angel began.

"Yeah," Sakura answered, her eyes narrowing.

"It seems that Cordelia may be coming back sooner then we thought," Fleur finished.

-

It felt as though a she was waking up from a dream when Yui finally came to consciousness. She immediately became alarmed when she noticed that she was no longer in her room. "Where am I?"

"Over here!"

"Get them!"

Small versions of Laito, Ayato, Kanato, Kaiya, Akari, and Angel ran past Yui. They were all chasing after Laito and Kaiya who teased the others as they ran away from them. Kanato and Angel then came to a stop when they saw the bats they caught earlier flying away, causing them to burst into tears.

"Don't worry," Laito reassured, "we can help you guys catch them again."

"Yeah, so stop your sniveling," Ayato added. "I'll catch 'em for you!" The girls nodded in agreement and the four of them ran in the direction that they had seen the bats fly. Their fun ended almost immediately when Ayato and Akari heard their names being called.

"Is this where you two have been," Cordelia said coldly while walking towards them. "Now come with me."

Sensing the tension Laito and Kaiya turned towards Kanato and Angel. "Kanato, Angel, come with us." They then all ran in the other direction, leaving Ayato and Akari with their mother.