Chapter 11

You wake up to hear your phone buzzing. When you pick it up, you see that Marta is calling you. You gently move out of Ransom's grasp and go to the next room. "Hey Marta whats up?" "Blanc wants us to meet in the security room at the mansion in an hour." You groan since it's 7:30 in the morning. "Fine, I'll be there soon." You go back to your room to see ransom slowly get out of bed. 

"Hey sorry, did I wake you?" "No, I woke up on my own." He comes over to you and hugs you. "Who was that on the phone?" He says resting his head on your head. "It was Marta, she wants to meet before the will reading today." "Oh, okay." "I'll come back to pick you up when I have the chance." "Okay, have fun or whatever girls do." You kiss him and start getting ready.

You walk into the security room looking like a zombie. You had enough time to get some (favorite coffee place). when you step into the room, you see Blanc, Marta, Lieutenant, and Trooper looking at the security tapes. Blanc looks over at you with a grin on his face. 

"You were never a morning person." You roll your eyes and go to stand by Martha. "That's the video there, I saved the tape from that night. Normally, I erase 'em with the magnetic dc-gauser, but in this case I thought I just save it, you know? For security." The security guy points points to one of the Tv's in the room. 

"That's the live feed there." "All right, well can we see the actual footage?" Lieutenant asks. "Of course you can." The security guy grabs the video video from that night and puts it in the player. "Looks like a Japanese horror movie." You say "You think we can scan forward on that?" "Just hold the play button down and press FF until you hear it grind." Marta does what he says. "The video footage then goes quickly through the video. 

"All right, should be coming up now at the time the party ended." Trooper said. Then the Tv goes all static. "What happened?" You ask. Then you see Marta's hand on the eject button and you keep a small smile to yourself. "You gotta keep holding it down or else it'll eject. That thing eats tapes up like popcorn." Blanc pulls Trooper and Lieutenant to the side. "do you guys think your guys could take the tape and scan it properly?" He asks. "Yeah, I think we can do that." Trooper says. Martha then grabs the tape. "Got it." 

You all then go looking through the woods , looking for any trace of someone breaking in. "Hey Wagner, any luck on um.." "Ransom?" "Yeah" Lieutenant says. "No." Lieutenant, Trooper, and Blanc all look over at you and you walk more quickly over to Marta. "Did get a address though. 10 Kenoak Street." Martha stops in front of you and you almost run into her. 

You look at her then follow her gaze realizing what she was thinking. We were looking at the gate Marta snuck through. Marta looks down and saw mud, which meant she left tracks from that night. "Wait!" You hear Blanc yell. He's trying to keep Lieutenant and Trooper off of the mud. 

"Marta, (Y/N) stop!" "What?" You say back. "Girls, stay there." "What?" You say again. You start walking towards him. "No (Y/N), stay there, no Marta. Stop!" We walked back over to him, covering the footprints. Then the dogs come running through the gate towards you and Marta. You bend down and pet one of them. "Best judge of character is a dog. I found that out to be true." Blanc says coming up next to you. You look up at him, then the dog goes running back through the gate 

You see the dogs running over to Linda and Richard. "Crap, I have to go get Ransom." You start walking over to your car and Marta stops you. "Thank you (Y/N)." You smile "Anytime Martha. 

When you start driving home, you realize that your fiancee is about to meet your father.