Chapter 9

You all sit down in the questioning room. Your still smirking from what you said to Blanc. Marta is sitting across from everyone else. You, Blanc, and Trooper are standing while Lieutenant sits on the couch across from Martha

Blanc speaks up first. "Miss Cabrera, we kept you waiting all afternoon because I wanted to hear from you last. I needed an entire picture of the evening in my head and your piece of it is at the very center. So please, take your time." You could tell that Marta was nervous. 

"You took Mr. Thrombey upstairs at 11:30 and left at midnight. Think very carefully and with as much detail as possible. Tell us what happened in that half hour." Martha looks at you and you nod your head at her. 

"I took him upstairs, we played our nightly game of GO. At some point he knocked down the board and Joni came up to check on us. I gave him pain medication, he pulled his shoulder last week and I left him in his study at midnight. I said goodbye to Walt. Went home." 

You didn't realize that you were holding your breath until she finished. "What kind of medication did you give him?" Lieutenant asks. 'Since his injury, I've been giving him a 100 milligrams IV push of Toradol. It's a non narcotic analgesic and to help him sleep, 3 milligrams of Morphine." 

"and the family knew about this?" Lieutenant asks. "Yes of course." Lieutenant nods his head saying, "Did you notice anything strange, off about his demeanor?" Martha hesitates "No." after a few seconds Blanc speaks up. "Sounds about right." He smiles. "Thank you Miss Cabrera." Martha stands up and you follow her out of the room. 

Martha runs right into the bathroom and you follow knowing exactly what was about to happen. You help Martha by holding her hair back for her 

                                                                    *Time skip to the Memorial*

Your standing in the corner of the living room, mostly looking at the ground, but you look up around the room every once and a while. You thought of the times Ransom and you would sneak out to look at the stars. As those memories go through your head, you see Fran talking to Martha and hear her talking about some Hallmark movie. Martha then look like she just saw a ghost walk by her. You then shift your position.

                                                                     *Flash back to the party*  

The family starts arguing about politics. You smile to yourself when Joni and Donna start arguing. Then you hear Richard say, "Martha, where is Martha. Come over. Martha please, come over." He gestures for her to join them. She glances at you and walks over to the family. You actually start listing to the conversation. 

"Martha, your family is from Uruguay, but you did it right. What i'm saying is that they did it right, they did it legally. She did it the right way." Joni rolls her eyes at him. "You work hard and you'll earn your share from the ground up. Just like dad and the rest of us did and I bet you agree with me right?" "Just leave the poor girl alone, Richard." Linda says. "What? I'm just trying to hear what she has to say." 

"Are you goddamn insane?" You all go silent when you hear Ransom's voice come from Harlan's study. "I'm warning you." Ransom storms out of the study. "Come on (Y/N)." 

     *Back to present* 

Martha gets really light headed and almost falls over. You were able to get to her before she fell over. "Hey, are you okay?"

------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry for not posting sooner. 

I have been dealing with some family things and got an idea for another story.

I have chapter 10 ready and am about to post it.

Thank you for reading

and i finally got the cover!!!!