Chapter 16

'I'm sorry.'

You watch Lieutenant and Trooper drive away with Ransom and you feel tears starting to fall from your eyes. "Let go of me." You whisper to Blanc. He lets go and walks over to Martha. You look at the spot where Ransom was driven away and you realized everything, starting to put the pieces together. "Get in the car." Blanc said coming over to your side next to the car. you nod your head and hop in the car.

"Let's go to the police station." blanc said buckling his seat belt. "I want a full rundown on everything he said to you. Both of you." Martha starts driving to the police station. 'Strange case from the beginning.' You thought connecting more and more pieces of together.

"A case with a hole in the middle. A donut." Martha looks at Blanc confused. "I'm just talking through my process here, let me know if this is boring. I feel the noose tightning. The family is truly desperate. Desperate motives, the mystery of who hired me, the impossibility of the crime, and yet... a donut. One central piece and if it reveals itself, the fog would lift, the air would resolve, the slinky become unkinked." Blanc kept talking. 

"Do you mind if I stop for a second? I need to pick something up. I'll be very quick." Martha said. "Sure." Blanc replied. Martha turns into a different street and stopped at John's cleaners. 

"i'll be a few minutes." Martha gets out of the car and walks in. Blanc then grabs his phone and headphones. he plugs his headphones in and starts singing along with the music. I cover my ears to blockout his singing until I hear a ambulance come from behind me. "Shit." I get out and walk to Martha who's walking out of John's cleaners. Martha comes out with Fran and the ambulance takes Fran away with us following in Martha's car.

*At the hospital*

"All right, my friend. Thank you for the update. No need for that. I'll bring them once we get wind that the housekeeper is stable. All right." Blanc hangs up his phone. 'People are getting hurt. OS, I'm going to tell you the truth." Martha said. "Young Ransom just told Lieutenant Elliot everything." I look at my father at the sound of Ransom's name. "Good." You said.

"Wait, I hope he didn't cover for me. Did he tell you the real truth?" Blanc sighs. "Yeah." "And the disguise bit?" "Yes." "And the blackmail?" "Mmm-hmm." "But why did Fran take my morphine?" Martha asked. "I mean obviously, she swiped my med bag from the house, but she didn't seem like a user to me, unless that's why she needed the blackmail money." 

"I don't know, it doesn't matter anyways." "I have to tell the Thrombey's myself. I feel like I owe that to them." I don't think that's a good idea." "No, I have to do it. I need to do it. I gave the doctors my number, so they'll call me if anything changes with Fran." "All right. I'll round up the Thrombey's at the house along with a police escort." "For the arrest at the end?" He ignores Martha.

"You can tell me your whole story on the drive over. You to (Y/N). I don't want anymore surprises." 

-----------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry for not updating lately.

I have been super busy with studying for finals and this is also my first year in high school and everything with COVID and playing on my school's hockey team so everything has been really stressful on me.

I am trying to work when I can but I don't have that much time but having all the comments saying that you like this story is making me really happy and more motivated to write.

There might be only 1 or 2 more chapters of this story so hopefully I can finish them soon.

-Author