sunnew ¦ the start pt.1

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
the start
choi chanhee & kim sunwoo
word count: 4595 (pt. 1) + 5916 (pt. 2)

sunwoo goes on a vacation to forget about his ex of four years and just relax without worrying about love. a few days later, he finds himself falling for someone else's smile

⌗INSPIRATION/BASIS ! 
most of the events in the story is based on the webdrama w.h.y, which i recommend watching because it's such a good drama! (you can watch it with eng subs on youtube)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

i. the start of a new beginning
They say when you experience a painful break up, you go on a vacation. Distancing yourself from the person that gave you the heartbreak really does the trick. So when Sunwoo's boyfriend of four years broke up with him, he did what he had to do — he went on a trip with his friends to a place where none of them are really familiar with. They went on a trip to Jeonju.

But it seems like going on a trip to a place no one knows is a bad idea. They're currently stuck at the side of the road, with nothing but their luggages and almost-dying cellphones with them.

"Really, Eric. When will the taxi that you booked arrive? We've been waiting for three hours!" Hyunjoon sighs exhasperatedly for the hundreth time.

"I don't know!" Eric replies, annoyance laced in his voice. "The app said they were supposed to be here two hours ago."

Sunwoo looks at his friends boredly. All of them are already pissed off, but who wouldn't be? The sun is scorching hot, and they've been under it for a few hours now. If only one of them brought an umbrella...

They should probably start walking to their hotel already. It's been an hour since they last saw a vehicle, and there's no signal in any of their phones. But which direction should they go? Thanks to Eric and Hyunjoon fighting over the map a while ago, the map flew to who-knows-where, making them stranded. In some random place in Jeonju. With nothing and no one to help them.

"I knew we shouldn't have let you plan this trip!" Hyunjoon whines.

"Excuse me? If I'm not gonna plan this, then who will? You? You'll probably book us to some five-star hotel that we can't afford!"

"Can you both shut up?" Sunwoo finally snaps. This trip is suppose to heal him from the heartbreak he just experienced, but instead he's getting stressed by his friends and their incompetent, immature asses.

"Let's wait one more hour. If the taxi still hasn't arrived, then we'll walk."

Hyunjoon groans. Sunwoo knows it's because his brand new shoes are going to be dirty, but it's not like they have another choice. It's either they walk, or they spend their first night in Jeonju here at the side of the road.

"I can't believe you Changmin. You said you were going to pick me up here. The next stop is still a few miles away, you're not gonna expect me to walk that far! Yeah, yeah, I know. Now get your ass here quickly. My feet are hurting me."

A loud voice interrupted Sunwoo and his sight-seeing at the plain desert. He looks over to the owner of the loud voice. It is a pink-haired boy with luggages, talking to who seems like his friend on his phone. Is he lost too?

The stranger turns to them, and Sunwoo stares in awe at how pretty he is. Pretty stranger just smiled at them awkwardly before returning his gaze at the phone.