Getting ready

Charles pov

My eyes slowly opened. It was 8:00. A lump in my throat formed. Today is the day. It's the games. My stomach was queasy again. Once again, my throat burned up. Quickly, I ran to the toilet and I was sick. Not as much but it was enough to make me feel dizzy.

Slowly, I stood on my shaking legs. Looking in the mirror, I splashed water on my flushed face. Bags were drooping low under my eyes. I walked into the dining room and breakfast was placed in front of me. Insted of eating, I began playing with my food.
"Kid, you need to eat" Logan reasoned.
"I'm not hungry!" I snapped.

"Listen, I know your worried, but you will barely eat in the games. Got it?!" He explained. Sighing, I are some bacon and an egg.
"Good enough?" I seethed. He growled at my attitude. He poured himself a drink and took long gulps.
"Logan?" My soft side spoke. He looked at me, inbertween sober and drunk. "Please help us. Not just our dustrict, our ally's" I begged.

Looking at me, he grinned. Placing down his drink.
"I'll see what I can do" He sighed. Eric stalked into the living room.
"Morning" He grumbled.
"Morning!" Logan's voice was on the verge of sluring.

Magneto sat beside me and used his power to bring over a knife and fork. A servant began pouring him a drunk. He reached into his pockets and pulled out a ciggeret and a lighter. Quickly, I grabbed his hand in shock.
"When did you smoke?" I asked angrily.
"Since I saw Sean and Havok doing it." He replied.

I still didn't let go of his hand. Insted, I snatched the lighter and the ciggeret away from him. "Hey!" He protested, glaring at me.
"Know smoking!" I growled. Opening the window, I threw them both out.

"I payed for those!" He shouted. Logan sat there smirking at us and watched us argue. He began drinking again but this time it was coffee.
"Well you are actually buying death! If you want them so bad, smoke without me around!" I yelled back.
"We are going to die anyway!" He screamed.

Silence filled the air. It was angry and uncomfortable.
"We will try not to die!" I glared at him. There was a knock at out door. Logan opened it and some mentors came in with our ally's.
"What's going on here?" One mentors asked Logan.
"These two decided to have a massive argument that went the wrong way" He shot daggers and Eric who returned them.

The mentors began to talk an the guys came over.
"When did you to start smoking?!" I blurted out.
"A while ago, why?" Alex replied.
"No reason" I exclaimed.
"I don't want to do this!" Sean mumbled looking down at his feet. "What if Pyro or someone gets me when I run for water?! I won't have anything to protect me!" He cried out.

Alex hugged him.
"Your going to be ok" He mumbled into his red/ginger hair.
"I hope your right" His eyes became glossy.
"Hey, your going to be ok" I pat his back. Insted he hugged me. I returned it.
"Thanks" He murmured. The mentors stopped talking and wave their hands for the others to leave. Banshee became pale, he knew the games were starting soon.

'Your going to be ok' I mouthed. He didn't look to sure about that. Soon they left. Loagan locked the wooden door behind them.
"You ready?" Eric asked. I shook my head. Some peace keepers knocked on the door, signaling us to go get ready. I put on my black suit with the number 1 printed on the back.

Logan was waiting for us.
"Any last advice?" Eric questioned.
"Stay alive" The peace keepers pushed us out of the door and through some hallways. Eric was pushed one way whist I was pushed straight forward. We turned right and a tube was there, waiting for me.

It was talk and long. Slowly my feet pushed me towards it. My hands held onto a railing for balance. The moment I stepped in, the doors locked behind me. Then I began to move up and up until I was outside. The sunlight was blinding me. My eyes ajusted. There were some woods and mountains. We were on a long field.

To my right was a shaking and petrified Sean. To my left was a confident Pyro. Just perfect. I knew if I steped of my platform before the 60 seconds were up, I would be blew sky high. A deep voice of President Snow sent shivers down my spine.
"Let the odds be ever in your favour" Was his last words.

A timer showed to and began count down. Here we go, time for the games to begin.