Chapter 13: Pass

Fei's POV:

When I got back, I saw that Naruto was tied to a stump. Oh man, everyone's here, I'm late. As I sat down, I heard everyone's stomach growl...including mine.

"Oh-oh, your stomachs are growling. By the way, about this exercise...well, there's no need for you guys to go back to the Academy," everyone got excited until "yes the four of you must quit being ninja!"

Everyone's face fell, mine covered in a sheet of disappointment and anger. I felt like all that I have done...was it really for nothing? No...it can't be.

He was about to explain when Sasuke launched himself at him. He was immediately pinned down. Kakashi began to explain. He stated that being a ninja is no joke or child's play. He said that the lesson that was needed to learn was teamwork. He pointed out that all of us went solo. Then he looked at me again.

"The only one that came remotely close to that answer was Fei, and even then YOU choose to ignore it!" I looked down in shame. Shit, he's right. I should have thought this all through. He continued on, talking about the KIA stone.

After lecturing us, Kakashi left us alone, giving us another chance and to swim in our thoughts, giving bento boxes to everyone but Naruto. I looked down at the ground and thought about what to do next.

'What...what do I do now...if I can't become a ninja...but' I thought about it even more, and Shiro popped into my mind again. I clenched my box and looked up again. I looked at Naruto, hungry. I felt bad for leaving him like this, and also angry because I might not get a chance to advance. So out of spite and out of pity, I picked up my chopsticks, grabbed a handful of rice, and offered it to Naruto. I felt my eyes widen a bit as Sasuke did the same thing.

"Huh?" I spoke, really confused.

"Here..." Sasuke said.

"No, Sasuke! Fei! You can't do that. You heard what the sensei said, " Sakura warned. I continued to try to shove rice down Naruto's throat while he moved away.

"Kakashi's gone. We need to get those bells as a team. If Naruto's hungry, he'll be weak and ineffective," Sasuke explained, "that hurts the team and jeopardizes the mission."

"Err..." Naruto looks at Sasuke.

Sakura looks at me to explain why I'm doing this.

"Look, I just hate seeing my friend like this. It's not fair to anybody and it makes me feel like a jerk..." I said

"Sasuke. Fei..." she looks down, thinking. She then groaned softly and held out her bento.

"Sakura..." Naruto said, eyes wide. She smiled in response, "okay, thanks..."

"Don't thank me, just hurry up and eat."

"B-but, isn't that your lunch?" he asked, concerned.

"I...I'm on a diet. I mean, I don't eat as much as Sasuke...or Fei, so umm...Ugh, just take it, Naruto!" she said, aggravated.

"I can't take it...because I can't move my hands. You gotta feed me." Naruto explained.

"Huh?!"

"He's got a point, were you expecting him to hold it while he's tied?" I asked, looking around trying to see if Kakashi sensei was approaching.

"Just hurry up, he can come back any minute..." Sasuke warned.

Sakura let out a heavy sigh, "This is one time only! That's it! I'll never do this again! Is that clear?!"

"As clear as a bell, Sakura," Naruto answered. Sakura slowly started to move the ball of rice towards his mouth. He took a bite and smiled. Everything seemed fine until we heard an explosion from behind us. It was our sensei.