[8] Beware The Ides Of March (Part 1)

GOD DEL VALLE[8]

GOD DEL VALLE
[8]

If there's a god of multitasking, I would certainly be it. Pun intended. I am re-reading the lyrics and chords of Rose's song, thinking of a way to sabotage it, while helping Mikhael with his Emotions 102.

"Is the chemical structure correct?" tanong ni Mikhael habang pinapakita sa akin ang laptop niya. Tinignan ko ito at um-oo. "I can't believe it that I'm having a first year tutor me with a subject he doesn't have yet."

Tama si Mikhael. Emotions 102 is more in-depth than Emotions 101 that I currently have. Ang hindi lang niya alam ay hindi naman talaga ako first year kasi I'm Goddess Del Valle, one of the brightest students in Melpomene.

"Gaya ng sinabi ko, isipin mo na lang na tinututor ka ni Goddess. I'm using her notes to help you, duh!" I lied showing him the notebook that I'm currently holding. It's not filled with notes but rather it's the notebook where Rose wrote the song. "Now, continue the paper you're doing para 'di ka na maging irregular student."

Hindi ko masisisi si Mikhael kasi mahirap naman talaga pantayan ang standards ni Prof. Stanley sa research paper. Naka-tatlong ulit akong revisions bago niya ako ipasa sa subject niya.

"I never should have told Rose any of this," he muttered before returning to his laptop. I find it entertaining to watch him focus on writing his paper; the wrinkle in the forehead he make when focusing; the laid back expression whenever he doesn't know what else to add to the paragraph.

OMG! Goddess, snap out of it! I thought to myself. Napalunok ako kasi 'di ko namamalayan na I'm checking my roommate out. You already have Antonio. You already have a boyfriend!

Kinuha ko ang gitarang pinahiram sa akin ni Rose at nagsimulang tugtugin ang mga chords sa kanta niya. Gumawa rin siya ng guides kung saan ko ilalagay ang mga daliri ko kaya mas madali kong makuha ang tamang tono.

I should be doing nothing because I don't want to help her confess her love to my boyfriend. I thought to myself. But, she can easily perform this song herself! I can also use this chance to humiliate her. And to do that, I need to perform with her onstage.

While I'm thinking of a sinister plan to humiliate Rose on the Talent Show, my phone buzzed and Regina was calling me. I declined her call and averted my focus in studying the chords.

"Sina Regina pa rin ba 'yan?" tanong ni Mikhael. "Come on, God. It's been days after the incident. Nag-aalala lang sila sa'yo kaya nasabi nila sa akin na nasa gubat kang mag-isa."

Hindi ako galit sa kanila. I thought to myself. Galit ako sa sarili ko.

Ever since I realized that I'm cursed to be in this body, my friends are always there beside me, helping me find a solution. And how did I thanked them?