Chapter 1

I looked up from my mountain of documents as Christ strolled in with his trademark grin. I flashed him a quick smile and paused my work.

"Wanna have some fun?" Christ asked, his grin stretching from ear to ear.

"I'm busy, Christ," I replied, shaking my head.

"Busy? Seriously, Luna? Busy?" he said, tilting his head with exaggerated curiosity. He chuckled, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"How can I not be busy? I'm the CEO of this company!" he teased, puffing out his chest like he was about to take on a dragon. I laughed harder at his antics.

"Because you finish everything so fast, and you know I was on leave yesterday. Look at the pile of work I have now," I explained. I had taken leave the previous day to attend Adreanna's birthday, prayed at the church, and sent flowers to Scarabaegaria for her.

I'm the Vice President of this Company and Christian Michaelson was the Ceo of MC International MCS., or MICHAELSON is a Philippine high fashion luxury goods manufacturer. It specializes in leather, lifestyle accessories, home furnishings, perfumery, jewelry, watches and ready-to-wear.

"C'mon, Luna, that can wait!" he said with an imploring look. "Pretty please?" He gave me his best puppy-dog eyes. "And it's already 7 PM. You should be done with work. Office hours stop at 6 PM."

I smiled at him while continuing my revisions. I was almost done anyway.

I'm now known as Luna George everyone calls me Luna or Ms. George, George was my middle name, Kalila Luna George Atlas.

Christ and I were heading to the Kiss & Lips club. It had been ages since I'd let loose due to work. "Magbehave ka Luna hah, ayokong mag uwi ng lasing," paalala sa akin ni Christ nang makababa kami ng sasakyan.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh, and you're the last person who should lecture me about that. Last time, you were the one who got wasted and threw up in my car. Hindi kana nahiya kay Kuya Miguel. You even forgot your house keys and ended up crashing at my condo. Not that I'm complaining, but it was a hassle."

Good thing I wore a navy blue body hugging dress today, hindi halata na office girl ako.

As soon as we stepped into the club, the booming music hit us like a wall. The smell of alcohol was intoxicating, and I missed this so much.

We made our way to our friends.

My new friends...

Samantha Ayieth Syeda, the Dentist (Ayi)

Achielles Aria Rivas, the Model (Ace)

Tatiana Pie, the Doctor (Taty)

Sean Travis Morris, the Ceo (Ian)

Steven Gonzales, the President Son (Steve)

Christian Michaelson, my boss (Christ)

And lastly to complete the group, let me introduce to you the new me. Luna George the Dethroned Princess.

"There they are!" Ayi shouted, her voice slicing through the music. She's our resident party animal, the girl who lives for a good time and a handsome man.

We joined them and exchanged greetings. "Wow, you guys are so workaholic," Ace remarked sarcastically.

I grabbed a beer from the table. "Ako? Baka si Luna" turo sakin ni Christ.

"Hugas kamay ka talaga lagi Christ eh," pang aasar ni Ayi sa kanya.

"Hugas kamay ka talaga lagi Christ eh blah blah blah." Christ mimicked Ayi's voice, which only made her laugh more. This was a common routine for them.