Chapter 10

I was woken up by Coco who licked my face na sinabayan naman ni Isadora sa pagtahol. Napailing nalang ako sa dalawang 'to.

I went through my usual morning routine, trying to shake off the last sign of sleep. Since I had no plans for the day and my parents were out exploring the southern regions of Scarabaegaria, I figured I'd enjoy a quiet day at home.

It was nearly 8 am when someone knocked on my door, probably it was Ate Aura. I was welcomed by the presence of Abigail and Ate Aura nung buksan ko yung pinto, tumambad sakin ang cute na cute na si Abigail at ang Mommy niya. "Good morning, Your Royal Highness." bati sakin ni Ate Aura habang si Abigail ay nakayuko. I was so sad because she was still shy to me.

I immediately knelt to Abigail's level, took her tiny hands in mine, and said, "Good morning, sweetheart."

Her face lit up with a smile as she replied, "Good morning, Princess." I couldn't help but beam—she was absolutely precious!

She handed me a paper bag. Curiosity piqued, I invited them into my room. "She baked cookies last night and wanted you to have them as a gift, Your Royal Highness," said Ate Aura.

I opened the bag to find a batch of cookies generously coated with chocolate. I set them aside on the bedside table for later. "Thank you, Abigail." I said sweetly. "Where's James?" I asked Ate Aura, noticing that Abigail was already busy playing with Coco and Isadora.

"He's at school, Your Royal Highness," she replied. Right, of course—nursery school.

"Since I have some free time, can I take Abigail out?" I asked in my most endearing tone, hoping she'd agree.

"Sure, I can join you wherever you like, Your Royal Highness," she replied with a chuckle.

"Actually i was just planning na kami lang ni Abigail para hindi ganun kapansin pansin ng mga tao." I said with a smile as I walked over to Abigail.

"But, Your Royal Highness, mapapansin po kayo ng tao kapag lumabas po kayo. Hindi papo naibabalita ang pagbabalik niyo. Tiyak na mapagkakaguluhan kayo dun." Ate Aura explained politely, her concern evident.

"Maybe if Abigail and I go together, we can avoid too much fuss. I just want some bonding time with her," I said. Ate Aura's smile was mixed with worry.

"Mapapagalitan po ako sa gagawin niyo. Baka po may mangyaring masama sa inyo Mahal na Prinsesa." She fretted, and I realized my request might be a bit selfish.

"No worries, Ate Aura. Kuya Jerry will be with us," I reassured her as I reached Abigail. "Hey, sweetheart, want to go out for a fun day?" I said, smoothing her hair. She smiled and nodded, melting my heart.

I was dressed in high-waisted jeans and a black shirt tucked neatly in, with white sneakers. I wore a cap and face mask to avoid being recognized.

We arrived at Maxi Mall, using Kuya Jerry's car to avoid attracting attention with our usual royal vehicle. Kuya Jerry and Abigail were with me as we headed towards the cinema, Abigail wanted to catch a movie.

After buying snacks, we settled into seats next to a woman and her child, who looked to be around James's age or older. I sat between Abigail and the woman, while Kuya Jerry queued up for movie tickets. Abigail was happily munching on her popcorn when the woman next to us began speaking loudly to her son.

"Have you seen that man?" she asked, pointing to the janitor cleaning the TV screen. From where I was sitting, I didn't see anything wrong with what he was doing.

The woman's tone was dripping with disdain. "If you don't study hard, you'll end up like him." My ears perked up at her judgmental comment.

"Abigail, dear, remember that studying hard doesn't mean you have to judge others based on their jobs. Every job is important, and belittling someone is just class antagonism. This woman would know that if she studied well." I said, loud enough for her to hear.