Chapter 22

The grand hall of the Parliament was displayed with the stately colors of our monarchy. The State Opening of Parliament, the formal beginning of the new session, was more than just a ceremonial event, it was a platform where the most significant issues of our country would be discussed. Today, the spotlight was on me, as always.

My parents, King Fino and Queen Nerine, were present alongside me, their regal presence a reminder of the weight of tradition and duty. The King's Speech would soon begin, and with it, a crucial debate about my future and my readiness to ascend the throne.

My father rose to address the assembly, his commanding voice cutting through the murmur of the gathered members. "Esteemed members of Parliament," pag uumpisa nya, "we stand at the threshold of a new parliamentary session, one that carries the lineage of both tradition and change. Today's discourse will center around an issue of profound significance to our monarchy and our nation."

I could see the members of Parliament, their faces filled with curiosity and resolve. Many firmly believed that the law mandating a crown princess to be married before assuming the throne was non-negotiable. I could already sense their anticipation for the debate that would unfold.

My father continued, "As you are aware, Princess Kalila, my daughter, is at the center of this discussion. The law has long stipulated that a crown princess must be married to be crowned queen. This tradition, upheld for generations, is seen by many as a cornerstone of our kingdom's stability." As much as gusto ko bumoto for my own rights, the people in front of me have all the say.

He paused, allowing his words to settle before continuing. "However, our world is evolving, and so too must our understanding of tradition. Princess Kalila has proven herself to be a capable and dedicated leader. The question before us is whether adherence to this tradition should take precedence over the demonstrated merit and readiness of our future queen."

My mother, Queen Nerine, standing by the King's side, offered a supportive nod, her gaze steady and thoughtful. Her presence was a calming force, a reminder of the harmony that could be achieved even amidst intense debate.

Lord Rolly Montavor, the Prime Minister, took his place to address the assembly. His role in this discussion was important, and his stance on the matter would shape the course of the debate.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Lord Montavor began, his voice rich with gravitas, "the law requiring the crown princess to be married is a reflection of our historical values and alliances. However, we must also consider the implications of this tradition in the context of Princess Kalila's exceptional capabilities and the current state of our nation."

As he spoke, the room buzzed with the reactions of the Parliament members. Many were clearly aligned with tradition, their eyes reflecting the belief that marriage, specifically to Prince Astrid Kharis Malvolia of North Scarabaegaria, was necessary to secure both political and social stability. They argued that such a union would not only strengthen alliances but also ensure a smooth transition of power.

They wasn't able to suggest this union before dahil parehas lalaki ang nasa line of throne, but now that the union between the to kingdom is possible, idinadamay na rin nila ang history nang Scarabaegaria.

The debate intensified as members of Parliament took turns voicing their arguments. The atmosphere in the grand hall was electric, charged with the clash of opinions and the weight of centuries-old traditions versus modern pragmatism.

A distinguished member, Lord George Louise, rose to speak. His reputation as a staunch traditionalist was well-known. "I understand the admirable qualities of Princess Kalila," he began, his voice firm, "but the law is there for a reason. Our kingdom has thrived under this tradition. Marrying into a powerful alliance, like the one with North Scarabaegaria, strengthens our position on the international stage and ensures the loyalty of our allies. To deviate from this precedent would be to undermine our own stability."