Chapter 17

I stopped tapping my nails on her table when she entered her own office. This girl has been on my nerves this past few weeks. I swear to god, you'll love me and I'm a woman of my words.

"Your highness?" Gulat na boses nito.

"You know," I said coolly, "people usually bow after addressing me that way." I remarked, ignoring the presence of my guards stationed around the room.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice quivered, clearly unsettled by my commanding presence.

"Ms. Valeen, it appears you've forgotten whom you're addressing," I said, my voice dripping with authority. I ignored the subtle shift in the guards' stance as they watched over me.

"You really have this blend of grace and ruthlessness that made you both admired and feared in equal measure." She said.

"Well, I do enjoy making my authority known. I'm pleased to hear you've heard of me," I said with a cold smile. "Reputation is one thing," I continued, "but my authority is something you'll experience firsthand if you continue to disregard it. I'm delighted you've heard of me. It means you understand the consequences of crossing me."

Valeen's hands shook as she fumbled with her papers, her earlier casual manner evaporating under the weight of my presence. "I—I'm sorry, Your Highness. I wasn't aware you would be here personally."

"I'm sure you weren't," I said, my voice like ice. "But considering the part of your role in the preparations for my best friend's wedding, I thought it necessary to remind you of my position. My title isn't merely a formality, it comes with expectations that must be met."

She swallowed hard, visibly paling. "I understand. I'll make sure everything is in order."

"See that you do," I said, my gaze unrelenting. "I expect perfection. Any mistakes or delays will have consequences, and you will be held accountable." I can't just point how disrespectful she is to me, magmumukha akong masyadong mataas at arrogante. Pointing things she does wrong is the best approach.

As I rose to leave, I could see the anxiety in her eyes. I offered one last, chilling smile, a reminder of the power I wielded.

I could hear Valeen's shaky breaths and the rustling of papers as she tried to regain her composure. I paused, ensuring my next words carried through the thin barrier between us.

"Ms. Valeen," I called out, "one final point to consider, my presence here is not an inconvenience like what you did last time. It is a reflection of the seriousness with which I regard the preparations for this wedding." My expression is unchanged. Valeen's face was now a mask of fear and regret, and she stood stiffly behind her desk, her posture rigid.

"Your Highness, I—" she started, but the words faltered as she looked at me.

"I don't want excuses, Ms. Valeen," I interrupted, my tone firm and uncompromising. "What I require is acknowledgment of my authority and the assurance that every detail will be executed flawlessly. You've been careless, treating me as though my status is an afterthought. Let me be clear, my position is not a mere title, it is a command." I wouldn't let anyone na kayankayanan lang ako.

Valeen's eyes were wide, her mouth opening and closing as if to find the right words, but no sound came out. Her entire manner screamed of someone grappling with the sudden realization of their errors.

"The fact that I'm involved in these preparations means that I hold a direct stake in their outcome," I continued, my gaze piercing through her. "Disregarding my authority not only undermines the gravity of your responsibilities but also jeopardizes the success of what is supposed to be a joyful occasion."