Chapter 5

Romeo strolled into the hotel room, looking like he had just emerged from a fashion magazine. "Busy?" he asked as if my busy schedule was a personal affront to his leisurely vibe.

"Hindi ba halata?" Saglit ko syang sinulyapan at binalik ko naman na ang atensyon ko sa dokumentong kailangan pagtuunan ng pansin.

Today marked our second day at Moon Paradise, and the place was everything you'd expect from a hotel with a name like that. The room service was as smooth as butter, and the staff were so accommodating they probably put their own needs on hold just to make sure I had everything I wanted.

The view? It was as breathtaking as a sunset you see in travel ads, only real and, you know, not digitally enhanced.

Moon Paradise boasted three restaurants, a bar, a dozen pools, a spa, a private beach, a gym, a kid's club, and a mini-golf course. Each room came with a panoramic ocean view, and the whole place was so serene it made me question why anyone would ever want to leave. It was the kind of luxury where even the furniture seemed to sign in contentment.

Yesterday was a whirlwind. While the hotel staff, including Christ, scrambled to prepare the venue for Wednesday's big event, I was stuck approving a mountain of designs.

Today, guests were arriving, and I was swamped with Christ's to-do list because he was busy setting up the event. I used the 'urgent' excuse just to keep myself occupied.

Agad namang naglaho ang laptop ko sa harap ko. "Nasa vacation ka, you have to take a rest from work." Inirapan ko naman siya at walang paki sa sinabi niya.

"I'm not on vacation, Romeo. We're here for work. The client needs me at this event, and I still have stuff to finish back at the office." I tried to grab the laptop back. "Give it to me!"

Pero hindi niya hinayaang makuha ko yun "Not until you say you will stop working." At dahil nga nawawalan na ko nang pag-asang makuha yung laptop dahil matangkad siya, umupo nalang ako sa kama dahil sa sofa ako kanina naglalaptop.

"I can't, i have to do this paper works, yun nalang ang maitutulong ko kay Christ dahil alam kong busy siya pero kailangan niyang unahin itong event na'to. Next week after this event babiyahe siya papuntang Davao for a conference meeting with the other clients." Paliwanag ko sa kanya "at ikaw bakit ka nandito diba may rehearsal ka for the fashion show tomorrow?" nagtataka kong tanong kay Romeo.

Tomorrow's release of 'Vasilikó Stémma' would be a big deal for the company, along with the launch of other products. It was a major opportunity, and the event was strictly private, no reporters or press allowed.

"What a workaholic you are, Juli-" Romeo started to say, but his phone rang, cutting him off.

"Answer it," I said with a dramatic flourish, my hands on my hips like I was the queen of multitasking.

"Lucky Princess," he said with a smirk before answering the call. "Yes, I'll be there. 5 minutes." pinatay naman na niya ang telepono at nakasimangot akong tingnan. "Aren't you going to greet the guests?" he asked, preparing the food he had brought earlier.

"Why bother? I'll see them tomorrow anyway. And honestly, my presence isn't that crucial." I got up from the bed and joined him by the door.

"Eat, Juliet. I'm leaving now, they've called me. Promise me you'll stop working and have some lunch."

"Yeah whatever," sambit ko at pinagtulakan na siya sa pintuan.

"Why don't you let your secretary handle things? It would give you a chance to rest." Hindi rin sya tapos.

"She's pregnant, Romeo! I can't dump my work on her. All I can do is organize the files and take over what I can because stressing out a pregnant woman is a no-go."