Chapter 20

["Do I really have to attend?!"] Reklamo ko kay Mia habang kausap ko siya sa telepono.

["Of course! Madaming media ang dadating. Ayaw mo naman siguro maging headline ng balita 'no? Ayaw mo naman sigurong matawag na bitter ng mga tao, dahil hindi ka umattend sa engagement party ng Ex fiancé mo."] Pang aasar nito habang tumatawa pa.

["Gaga!"]

After a few more minutes of chatting, we said our goodbyes so I could get ready.

Today is Agatha's Proposal day, and walang kaalam alam si Astrid. I bet nagkaayos na sila Christina at Agatha dahil nandito na sa bansa sila Christina at ang kapatid nitong si Christian.

As soon as I stepped out of the car, royal guards were lined up like a well-oiled machine in front of the venue entrance. The head of the Royal Guard made a grand announcement. "Her Royal Highness, The Crown Princess of South Scarabaegaria, Kalila Luna George Atlas!"

Nobody dared to approach me, while reporters and photographers were snapping away like they were trying to capture every second of my life. Every move I made was being documented.

Sinalubong ako ni Christian na agad akong binigyan ng yakap. "Long time no see, Princess." Malokong pahayag nito habang may nakapaskil na ngisi sa labi.

Inismiran ko naman siya at agad pabirong hinampas sa dibdib. "Don't use my title as an insult!" At inirapan siya.

He kissed me on the side of the cheek and looked at me with those earnest eyes. "I missed you so damn much."

"Who wouldn't?" We both burst into laughter, looking like a couple of idiots.

"Anyway, thanks for inviting me to your annual Thanksgiving party–"

I cut him off, confused. "Thanksgiving party? I didn't send you an invitation. And it's not even Thanksgiving in Scarabaegaria today."

Before I could protest further, a hand looped around my arm. It was Christina.

She gave me a meaningful look and flashed a smile at her twin, who looked just as puzzled as I did. "Thanks for inviting us, Princess."

I gave her a bewildered look, but she just widened her eyes, signaling me to go with the flow. I nodded and turned to Christian. "Hope you two enjoy your stay here," I said with a smile and headed towards Mia, who was calling me over.

"That was weird," I murmured, clearly audible to Mia, who was standing next to me.

"Kali, anong weird? At bakit kanina kapa nag spespace out?" Nag aalala na tanong ni Mia sa akin.

Agad ako umiling at itinuon na lang ang atensyon ko sa unahan where the emcee was starting to speak.

The emcee called Agatha for her opening speech. I decided to pay attention, curious about what she had to say. "Good evening everyone! Thanks for joining me tonight as I unveil my plans," Agatha began. "I'm a bit of a control freak. Everything has to be neat, punctual, and meticulously planned. My high school sweetheart, my boyfriend, is the complete opposite. He's spontaneous, goes with the flow, and doesn't plan anything."

As I looked at Agatha, guilt washed over me. I had no regrets about setting boundaries with Astrid. I'd hurt her before through Christian. I ruined their relationship, and I wasn't about to make that mistake again.

"Because of his laid-back nature, I never thought he'd have any plans for our future. But then he proposed, and it freaked me out. I thought he might be overwhelmed or just joking. I rejected him, but he stayed. He said he was willing to wait. Then years later, he proposed again. And now, even though I'm still not ready, my heart is at peace because he's found someone who truly understands him."